Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I would probably drink too if I had to watch embarrassing football.

Just sayin'.
    Touché
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I've been to 2 Colts games in the last 2 years, and have yet to see the drunken behavior I've witnessed at Bengals games. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it is much more rare, in my experience.
    The experience in Indianapolis is wonderful. I've never had a bad time at either dome. The fans are friendly and polite outside of a few knuckleheads; that equation is reversed in Cincinnati. I'm going to my second Bengals game of the year Sunday and I know I have a 50/50 chance of enjoying myself without some drunk picking a fight with me or my friends and/or puking on us.

When I lived in Cleveland it was even worse than Cincinnati. I attended the infamous "beer bottle game" against Jacksonville. It is the only time in my life where I sincerely feared for my safety at a sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Part of me wonders if on a very long horizon the NFL isn't going to have trouble selling out games. The short schedule makes each game a big event, but it's a better experience watching at home now with HDTV, especially not having to deal with drunken idiots.

College games are a lot of fun to go to, but I haven't been to a Bengals game in probably 8-9 years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    I don't think its going to be a problem.

Even with the alcoholic experience, if it looks like a game isn't going to sell out, it gets blacked out in the local area. Once the announcement is made, people either buy tickets or companies purchase an allotment to give to employees.

And of course, if the game does get blacked out, then HDTV really doesn't help (unless you live outside of the blackout restricted area).

The blackout policy is why teams with horrendous owners (aka the Bengals) can still make a profit even when their team is in the toilet. If the Reds have a bad season, fan support drops and attendance plummets. Not the case with the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If someone ever gets seriously hurt or killed I wouldn't be surprised if that fan doesn't file suit against the NFL and/or the team for being unable to control their fans. Kind of like where if a drunk leaves a bar, the bar could be held liable for any accidents the drunk causes on the way home.
    Yep, it's just a question of when it will happen.

Hmmm, Indy is a winning, well run organization and has a good fan environment. Cincy and Cleveland, two poorly run, losing organizations with drunk fan problems. I see a pattern here. Its the old "tone at the top" dynamic at work.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Hmmm, Indy is a winning, well run organization and has a good fan environment. Cincy and Cleveland, two poorly run, losing organizations with drunk fan problems. I see a pattern here. Its the old "tone at the top" dynamic at work.
    Not always the case. Steelers and Ravens, even when they are winning, still have the horrible, drunken, moronic, fan issues.

Turn Off Ads?