Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2011 -- Season 3

Redszone Dynasty League 2011 -- Season 3

Welcome to the third season of the Redszone Dynasty League!

Time to get the ball rolling for another action-packed year of fantasy baseball excitement.

So far 10 owners have signed in to play again this year. We are still waiting to hear from reds77, so if you know how to reach him please do so. I have PM'd him here on Redszone and sent him an invite 2x from the Yahoo league site.

WMR has decided to drop out of the league provided we can find a replacement owner, which shouldn't be a problem. I hate to see WMR drop out. He is our first casualty since the league began.

If anybody out there would like to take over WMR's team just drop me a PM. The team is not bad, definitely has potential. This is a dynasty league, which means you can keep all 30 of your players.

As soon as all 12 owners are signed into the league I will enter the rosters so we can start making trades and planning our strategy for the draft and the season.

Everyone is encouraged to post in this thread. Please share your thoughts, concerns, smack talk, banter and trade ideas so we can all discuss them as a group. An active league is a fun league.

Once everyone gets registered for the league I will be able to add all our players to our rosters. I will need to know which 30 players you want to keep. You might have had more than 30 players at the end of the season if you had players on the Disabled List.

We will have a 5 round draft again this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin sometime around March 10th-17th like we did last year. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft. Last year only 2 team owners made a pick in all 5 rounds. Most people selected 4 players.

Season 3 Draft Order:
    1) BaseCloggers
    2) WMR Replacement Owner
    3) cinredsfan2000
    4) reds77
    5) stephenk29
    6) redsfandan
    7) TRF's debacle
    8) nate
    9) camisadelgolf
    10) Gilpdawg
    11) mbgrayson
    12) AtomicDumpling

The Waiver Priority to begin the season will be the same as the draft order.

Season 3 Draft:
    The draft will be a snake draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis.

I am glad to have all you guys back again for another great season of fantasy baseball. I have some good plans in store to hopefully kick the league up another notch to keep it fresh, interesting and exciting this season. We had a couple teams that moved up a lot in the standings from Year 1 to Year 2. We have some teams that have stressed the youth movement that should start seeing some big improvements this year. Other teams are getting older -- including mine lol.

Please feel free to begin posting your thoughts on the league message board and in our league thread in the Fantasy Island section of Redszone.

As soon as everyone signs into the league and I get the rosters entered we can begin making trades. Obviously we won't be able to add any free agents before the draft.

Can't wait to get started!

-- Atomic Dumpling

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2011 -- Season 3

Hey guys, GAllen5862 has taken over WMR's team. He is an experienced fantasy baseball player and long-time member of Redszone and I am sure he will be a great new addition to our league. Welcome aboard GAllen5862!

We are still waiting for reds77. I have been trying to contact him for 2 weeks now. I am not sure what to do next. Should we wait for him or replace him? I hate to replace him if he still wants to play, but it is not fair to the rest of the league to be forced to wait this long either. We need to be able to make some trades and make plans for the season. But before we can do that we need to have our players added to our teams -- and I can't do that until all 12 teams are signed up. So we are in a pickle here. What are your thoughts?

If anybody has any ideas on how we can contact reds77 please share. Does anybody know him personally or have his phone number or email address? I have tried contacting him through the email he used to sign up for the league and I have sent him several PMs here on Redszone. He hasn't replied to anything.

I'd say March 1 is the deadline, then find a replacement.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I am glad to be able to join this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    I am glad to be able to join this league.
    Glad to have you sir!

OK guys, I still have not heard anything from Reds77. He has not responded to emails nor PMs and has not posted anything on Redszone since last summer. I think we are going to have to replace him, we can't wait any longer.

We need a replacement manager. If anyone out there is interested in joining this league please send me a PM and we will take the best candidate. Act now because I need to fill this slot quickly.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

RedsManRick has taken over Reds77's team. As I am sure all of you know, RMR is one of the best posters on Redszone and really knows a lot about baseball. So I'm thinking this league may have just gotten a little tougher. Welcome aboard RedsManRick!

Your players have been added to your teams. You can now go to your team page to set your lineup, plan your strategies and propose trades to other teams.

Please do not add any free agents before the draft.

We need to set a date to begin the slow draft, which will last for 5 rounds. I will tentatively suggest March 15th at Noon as the start time for the draft. Please send me a note or post here in this thread to confirm that you know when the draft begins.

Please be active on the message board and the Redszone thread. An active league is a fun league!

Good luck with your teams, let get this baby rolling.

We will have a 5 round draft this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin March 15th so we can see some of what happens in Spring Training before we draft. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft.

Season 3 Draft Order:
    1) The BaseCloggers
    2) GAllen5862
    3) CRF2000
    4) RedsManRick
    5) stephenk29
    6) redsfandan
    7) TRF's debacle
    8) nate
    9) Camisadelgolf is #1
    10) Gilpdawg
    11) mbgrayson
    12) AtomicDumpling

Draft rules:
    1.You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
    2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
    3. Yahoo may add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.
    4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
    5.If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
    6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
    7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
    9. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.

2011:
    The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

2011 Waiver Priority:
    Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings (same as the draft order).

Sounds good, AD...

I'm not on the internet as much this semester, so if for some reason I don't pop in to make my first pick you guys can do the right thing and give me Bryce Harper...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I'm not on the internet as much this semester, so if for some reason I don't pop in to make my first pick you guys can do the right thing and give me Bryce Harper...
    I don't know man, you sure that Harper fellow is worth the first pick of the draft? I have never even heard of that guy. Men named Bryce can't play baseball. :

Man your team is loaded with some serious potential. Future stars everywhere you look, especially on the pitching staff.

I will be there at the draft.

sounds good to me also

Draft begins Tuesday March 15th at 12:00 Noon. BaseCloggers has the 1st pick. Each pick has a time limit of 10 hours.

If you would like to receive a text message when your turn comes up send me your cell phone number.

Turn Off Ads?