Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

Well I'm reallllllly hesitant to trade away Dunn right now. If I were to give him up, I think McCutchen would at least have to be involved somehow and even then I don't know how I feel about it. I think Dunn's gonna be a monster this year

On the other side of things, I think I'd be willing to trade Lee or LaPorta if you swap me draft positions in the first round (2nd pick for 6th)
    My roster is full. Do I still participate in a draft??? Did I miss something?

And I would be willing to certainly consider Loney/McCutchen for Dunn.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post

And I would be willing to certainly consider Loney/McCutchen for Dunn.

You can draft players, you just have to drop someone from your roster once you pick. And I've thought about it.. I'm kind of hesitant on that deal even since RBI's are really the stat I need to focus on.

Most people will have 30 players on their roster going into the draft. When you make a pick you may have to drop a player at the same time to stay at or below 30.

If you have a player that can be put on the Disabled List before or during the draft it would save you from having to drop a player to make a pick.

Any player that is dropped during the draft is eligible to be drafted by someone else.

We will have a 5 round draft this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin March 10th so we can see some of what happens in Spring Training before we draft. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft.

Season 2 Draft Order:
    1) Joseph
    2) Redsfan320
    3) thatcoolguy_22
    4) Captain Hook
    5) HayPay
    6) Tornon
    7) IowaRed
    8) reds1869
    9) Vada Pinson Fan
    10) Bumstead
    11) Brutus the Pimp
    12) AtomicDumpling

You can draft players, you just have to drop someone from your roster once you pick. And I've thought about it.. I'm kind of hesitant on that deal even since RBI's are really the stat I need to focus on.
    First of all, thanks for clearing up the draft situation for me, Tornon and AD. Secondly, I understand about the RBIs. I'm not desperate for Dunn so much as I'm looking for some better 1B than Loney. I'll look over our rosters tomorrow and either be back with another proposal or look elsewhere.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

First of all, thanks for clearing up the draft situation for me, Tornon and AD. Secondly, I understand about the RBIs. I'm not desperate for Dunn so much as I'm looking for some better 1B than Loney. I'll look over our rosters tomorrow and either be back with another proposal or look elsewhere.

Yeah, it's alright. I was just warning you that I'm valuing Dunn extremely high at the moment, so I'd kind of have to be blown away to trade him.

Yeah, it's alright. I was just warning you that I'm valuing Dunn extremely high at the moment, so I'd kind of have to be blown away to trade him.
    Yeah, I've been that way about players before.

Hey Redsfan320,
    How do you feel about that team you took over? Wicked pitching staff. The team seems better than an 11th place team for sure.

Hey Redsfan320,
    How do you feel about that team you took over? Wicked pitching staff. The team seems better than an 11th place team for sure.
    I feel pretty good about it, love the OF depth. The IF is a bit shaky, but yeah, it looks like a pretty good team.

BTW, weekly lineups or daily? I'm pretty sure its daily considering how active everyone seems to be, just confirming.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 03-03-2011 at 08:17 AM.

I feel pretty good about it, love the OF depth. The IF is a bit shaky, but yeah, it looks like a pretty good team.

BTW, weekly lineups or daily? I'm pretty sure its daily considering how active everyone seems to be, just confirming.

Daily lineups!

Daily lineups!
    Sweet.

Draft begins Sunday March 13th at 12:00 Noon. Joseph has the 1st pick. Each pick has a time limit of 10 hours.

If you would like to receive a text message when your turn comes up send me your cell phone number.

Am I allowed to announce the contract I reached with my first round pick prior to the draft ala the NFL?

In all seriousness, I'm ready to make my pick and am not sure I'll be available on Sunday, would you like me to go ahead or just PM it to you Atomic?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Am I allowed to announce the contract I reached with my first round pick prior to the draft ala the NFL?

In all seriousness, I'm ready to make my pick and am not sure I'll be available on Sunday, would you like me to go ahead or just PM it to you Atomic?
    You can go ahead and post it on the message board if you like. If you make your pick early then the 2nd pick will go on the clock at Noon on Sunday.

I bet I can predict your pick!

With the first pick in the draft, Josephs Future All Stars select from the Washington Nationals, Bryce Harper.

We'd also like to announce the release of Asdrubal Cabrera, SS.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?