Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/1/11- Reds (SS) @ Angels (ST) (MLBN)

Re: 3/1/11- Reds (SS) @ Angels (ST) (MLBN)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Jordan Walden facing the Reds in the fourth. Phillips first pitch swinging (big surprise, I know) and pops up to his counterpart at second.

Votto follows with a 3 pitch strikeout.
    Votto K'd on a 3-2 pitch, not a 3 pitch strikeout.

Otherwise, thanks for the PBP.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Logan's on the bump now. Cueto's done.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Votto K'd on a 3-2 pitch, not a 3 pitch strikeout.

Otherwise, thanks for the PBP.
    Sorry, misinformation from Gameday. I am wondering how correct these pitch counts are...

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Sorry, misinformation from Gameday. I am wondering how correct these pitch counts are...
    They're not...at all. The results of the play you can rely on for the most part, but pitch velocity & individual pitches are not updated during spring except sporadically.

Grandal in the game now.

Nice 1-2-3 inning out of Ondrusek. He looked pretty darned sharp.

Hermida bumps his early ST BA to .750 with a hit after the Votto K and then Lewis grounds out 1-3 to end the Reds' fourth.

In the bottom of the fourth, Ondrusek comes in and gets a GO 4-3, GO 5-3, walks Kendrick, but Hanigan guns him down trying to steal second.

In the top of the fifth, Francisco singles off of Kohn, then Heisey Ks, a Hanigan grounder to first moves Francisco to second and then Janish ends the frame by popping up to the catcher.

Ondrusek continued pitching into the bottom of the fifth and gets Conger to ground out to first and then Ks Trumbo and Wood to end the fifth.

A host of changes for both sides in the sixth. Tyler Chatwood into pitch for the Angels and he apparently gets a Jefry Sierra to ground out 3-1. I follow the Reds' minor leagues pretty well and have never heard of Jefry Sierra. Negron follows up that by getting hit. Redemption for Cueto's wildness for sure. Neftali Soto follows that up with a 4-6-3 DP. I am done with my delayed PBP now. Time to head to the airport for my flight down to Houston! Touring Minute Maid Park tomorrow!

Duran is BIG. I thought he'd be ganglier

Duran hit one abour 380-400 feet to center, but it was caught. I believe Hamilton is due up this inning.

Just watched this game on tape. As someone who follows the minors closely, this was a very enjoyable game to watch, even without much offense. A few impressions of the young guys:

Grandal receives well.
    Lot of nice patient ABs (Duran, Waldrop, Hamilton).
    Nobody looked overmatched.
    Duran really surprised me with a couple good ABs. His AB vs. Chatwood, a legit prospect, was particularly good. Swing looked solid, compact and under control.
    Some good swings from Soto.

I really like what the Reds are doing with the young guys this spring. Never seen the prospects handled this way. It's gotta be motivating for these guys, stretching all the way back through the system -- some are still really, really young.

Turn Off Ads?