Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Alexi Ogando

Alexi Ogando

Has everyone grabbed this guy up off the free agent list? After his second start I was able to get him in all 3 of the leagues I'm in. I was a doubter after his first start but after second one and looking back on his minor league numbers it appears this guy is just extremely unhittable. In 4 seasons his minor league WHIP was 0.913. So what does everyone think on him? Breakout season or just a couple good starts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Alexi Ogando

He appears to the be the real deal for now as I grabbed him in my leagues as well. Few things that worry me: he's always been a reliever - can his arm handle the workload of a starter?, he's already 28, and are his current blister problems going to stick around as he just throws more and more pitches? (I know we saw the same type of thing with Danny Graves). He looks good for now, but with the innings limits I imagine that would be imposed on him I don't think he can climb into the elite fantasy pitchers until the Rangers stretch out his workload for a few years should they continue to go that route

Re: Alexi Ogando

Yeah I agree his innings limits will prevent him from being elite this year, maybe next year or two. But definitely worth the ride for a few weeks as he is extremely nasty on hitters

Turn Off Ads?