Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consistancy"

Re: 5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consista

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I wonder what Lee Elia would have to say about this one....
    That rant was about the fans rather than the way the team played. However, for the uninitiated...

http://www.leeelia.com/elia_tirade.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consista

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This game was kinda like that movie "Angels in the Outfield" except the Cubs' angels had just a little too much to drink before the game.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

The Reds are 6-3 in Volkie's 9 starts. The Reds have trailed in all 9 of his starts.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That rant was about the fans rather than the way the team played. However, for the uninitiated...

http://www.leeelia.com/elia_tirade.html
    I haven't clicked on it, but I would assume that the link is NSFW.

Favorite line...

"85% of this city is employed, the rest are Cub fans."

I feel like we just played ourselves from seven years ago. Holy crap the Cubs are awful. But I'm not apologizing for another Redlegs win baby!

How sad is what's come of Kerry Wood? What a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Here are the highlights from tonight's game:

YouTube - The Bad News Bears TV Intro

WVRedsFan and reds44,

I love you guys, I really do but dammit you're killin' me.

Lucky win. Let's remember this one when the Reds give one away.

Nice to see Masset convert a save opportunity. Hopefully there's more of that as the season winds on. The post-Coco days are coming, and the team needs to start grooming a successor.

If you're talking about Brantley's reaction, I strongly disagree. Really dislike it when an announcer dumps on another team when they're playing poorly, and Brantley did it repeatedly throughout the series. Can't stand the TB-JB pairing!

Anytime you get a pitcher to field a ball, it can get interesting very fast. There are very few pitchers who can field their position well consistently. They don't get called off pop ups for no reason.

I don't know how the Cubs manager can survive much longer. I had to laugh during the telecast when Tom B. talked about how the lack of fundamentals is just killing the manager. Um, ITS HIS JOB, TOM. I realize that at some level, bad players make bad plays, even when they're taught differently, but a manager has to hire coaches that can coach up players, or he shouldn't be the manager. Anyone can make out a lineup or come up with a bullpen pecking order.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Man, those field box tickets for the June 6th to 8th Cubs series are getting really cheap. Now 5 wins on this homestand and $20 off tix.
    Make sure you wear plenty of protective gear for those wild throws from the Cubs defense. Wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

Word has it the Cubs thought GABP was the place to be for auditions for the new Three Stooges movie that's currently in production. They were sadly informed they needed to go about 3,000 miles west for that.

Too bad this was just a two game series. I would have liked to have more comedy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I tell you, if I were Quade, I'd have the Cubs take infield before every game until their defense notably improves. That was just awful.
    They need to take some outfield too. Especially Soriano.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Mayby Fred McGriff and Tom Emanski can save the Cubs ...

"The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?