Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 5-19-11 Pirates @Redlegs (OK Buccos, it's not cute anymore, know your role)

Re: 5-19-11 Pirates @Redlegs (OK Buccos, it's not cute anymore, know your role)

Cardinals up 2-0 early in Houston.

Decent chance The Reds will fall back out of first today and all because they can't come to play against The Pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Pirates are the team version of Bill Hall.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Cardinals up 2-0 early in Houston.

Decent chance The Reds will fall back out of first today and all because they can't come to play against The Pirates.
    Everyones favorite player Gerald Laird put them up 2-0

Bruce with 2nd HR on the day!!!!!!!

It it wasn't still 5-3 Bucs I would break out this celebratory dance
    YouTube - ‪I'm not your daddy I'm your grandpa‬‏
    Last edited by klw; 05-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Ballgame. Bucs win 5-3

And this one doesn't belong to the Reds.

We've lost five of six to this team this year. That's downright embarrassing.

When I saw today's lineup I figured we'd have a hard time with this game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I was at the game. I'm curious to hear from someone who watched on TV whether it seemed as if the umpire was absolutely squeezing the pitchers. From where we sat (Sec 430), so many pitches looked to be strikes and he'd call them balls.

Most disappointing part of the game was Phillips getting thrown out at 2nd. The play was right in front of him and when he saw how quickly the left fielder got to that ball, he should have hit the brakes. Just horrible horrible base running.

This Pirate team is quite a surprise. They may not last, but they're playing some good ball now. Hope we can snap out of this two game funk in Cleveland.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I didn't get to see the game--these day games on weekdays are bad for me with no MLB network or FSN Ohio at the office. Is it just me or are they doing this every week. I can remember when there were only 2 or 3 a year and now it seems like it's every week.

Just a few questions. Why is it that the Pirates can throw out a pitcher with a 5+ ERA and stymie the Reds?

Why is Smith in the majors?

Poor Nick Masset. Melted under pressure?

Where did Dusty get this lineup? Oh well.

Baseball is a funny game. The trouble is, sometimes it's not a laughing matter. Lead gone in two days. And we head to Cleveland where the Indians are hot. Really a downer.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I didn't get to see the game--these day games on weekdays are bad for me with no MLB network or FSN Ohio at the office. Is it just me or are they doing this every week. I can remember when there were only 2 or 3 a year and now it seems like it's every week.

Just a few questions. Why is it that the Pirates can throw out a pitcher with a 5+ ERA and stymie the Reds?

Why is Smith in the majors?

Poor Nick Masset. Melted under pressure?

Where did Dusty get this lineup? Oh well.

Baseball is a funny game. The trouble is, sometimes it's not a laughing matter. Lead gone in two days. And we head to Cleveland where the Indians are hot. Really a downer.
    I'm not sure I understand the comment about Massett? Certainly he gave up the lead off home run. Sadly, that's going to happen. He walked a batter and was charged with an error, although I was surprised looking at the box score just now that he got charged for it. It was a bunt back to him which he turned and threw to Renteria who dropped the ball as the runner slid into the base (and him). I'm not certain I would have awarded an error, but it could have just as easily have gone to either player, or as I said, not at all. It wasn't a great outing (at that point, you really don't want to give up more runs there), but I'd hardly say he "melted under pressure."
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?