Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2010 Baseball Draft - Revisited - 1st Round

Re: The 2010 Baseball Draft - Revisited - 1st Round

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Guess you would've missed out on Adrian Gonzalez, Prince Fielder, Denard Span, Nick Markakis, Delmon Young, Billy Butler, Andrew McCutcheon, Cameron Maybin, Colby Rasmus, Mike Moustakas, Ben Revere, Eric Hosmer, Brett Lawrie, Mike Trout, and of course, Jay Bruce.

I actually would almost take the opposite approach, and say that HS hitters that don't play C or SS are your best bet to draft a superstar.

How many busts can you name that come from that genre? I just gave you 15 players drafted in the last ten years that are either already or on the verge of being above average players. And I'm not even counting guys like Bryce Harper or Justin Upton that were drafted specifically to play a position other than C or SS.

Even guys like Jeremy Hermida, Jeff Francouer, and Blake DeWitt have been serviceable major leaguers (which is better than average for a 1st round pick).
    Let's be fair, I'm not saying I disagree with your point, but your list includes only 3 players who have made an All Star team and you went back over a decade.
    Last edited by OGB; 06-23-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I thought Markakis had made an All Star team.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Turn Off Ads?