Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: 6/24/11 Reds @ Camden Yards

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: 6/24/11 Reds @ Camden Yards

I'm done with Volquez.

I don't wish him anything bad. I just will not watch or pay attention to another game he pitches in.

I cannot imagine playing defense behind him. It must be maddening.

Honestly, probably one of my least liked Reds in my lifetime. They cannot get rid of him fast enough.

Carry on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Hmmm are you sure...that play was labed "predictable" a few posts back.

Seriously, a huge bullet was dodged there.
    I wasn't refering to Drew's play there, just that I expected the O's to mount a rally in that situation, especially with who was on the mound, but at least that time, it was no harm, no foul.

You know, I'd rather lose 12-0 than this, but Jose is just too iffy to put in a leverage situation, but Dusty really didn't have any choice with the performance of the starter. C'est la vie.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

It's really not even limited to Gomes or Janish or Renteria - every player has had long bouts of bad production, including Bruce, Stubbs, Rolen and Phillips, and I think it's affecting Votto now, he has no protection consistently.

So EV goes 4.5 and gives up 4 runs, the BP GIVES THEM 6.5 innings of shutout baseball and they cannot score a run on a sub-500 team (division they play in or not). How many times have we seen that this year already? (or something similar)

They have desperately needed 2 more capable, consistent bats, in particular someone with consistent power. Walt needs to let go of some of his precious minor league chips, or promote them. Sick of watching it at this point.

At least the Reds fulfilled my prediction: the game would be over when the O's finally managed to score a run. Baseball karma for all the late wins last year is no fun.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?