Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 6.27.11 v the Rays

Re: 6.27.11 v the Rays

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Fair enough. I just wanted to provide some encouragement for the "ugh, we face David Price tommorrow" crowd.
    Yeah, Price against Cueto is a better matchup on paper for the Reds than Wednesday's Shields vs. Volquez affair. I'm not caring for that one since Shields has three consecutive complete games to his name and has given up two total runs in that time.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Yeah, Price against Cueto is a better matchup on paper for the Reds than Wednesday's Shields vs. Volquez affair. I'm not caring for that one since Shields has three consecutive complete games to his name and has given up two total runs in that time.
    Look on the bright side, he's due to give up some runs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Look on the bright side, he's due to give up some runs lol
    Let's hope! Volquez will probably put that number on the board in the first lol
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Let's hope! Volquez will probably put that number on the board in the first lol
    It's funny because it's true lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    It's funny because it's true lol
    Painstakingly so

For the record, Fay was saying Lecure's WHIP is below 1.00, and he was correct. Sam's numbers are very solid.

Nice outing from Leake again tonight. I'm slowly starting to change my opinion on him. Keep proving me wrong Mike!

After reading this thread I now know why I never watch ESPN games. Sounded pretty brutal last night.
    Good thing the Cubs showed up in Rays uniforms. They were pretty brutal themselves. Especially Longoria. He played like he celebrated his two HR's from the night before just a little too much.
    Leake was very good. He seemed to keep the Rays off balance most of the night. Keep playing Gomes while you have that lightening in a bottle. It won't last long.
    Better win tonight with Cueto on the mound. Tomorrow could be a long afternoon.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    What a statement. The Pirates should be nowhere near us if we hadn't helped them.
    That's a pretty unfair statement IMO. The Pirates didn't get "help" from us. They beat us. Plain and simple. They had VERY well pitched games against us...and while at the time people were moaning about the crappy pitchers going all Cy Young on us...they've since shown that they're simply having very good seasons on the mound. They're not a fluke. They're not contenders either really...just not the bottom-feeders we've grown accustomed to.

Turn Off Ads?