Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: July 8 2011 v Milwaukee- Make Uecker cry on the air boys!

Re: July 8 2011 v Milwaukee- Make Uecker cry on the air boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    FWIW, Dusty didn't do a postgame interview the media, tonight.
    Don't blame him. I'm not a Dusty basher. In fact, I give him credi for the management of last year's team. That said, I find several Reds nearly useless, trash bin players. Fred Lewis, Jonny Gomes, Renteria, Janish, and even Chris Heisey are better suited for a cellar dwelling team. Lewis, Gomes, and Renteria were journeyman players with a history that was well-documented. Edgar has been good,but past his prime. Janish and Heisey are bench players at best.

Our starters are iffy when you get past Cueto. Coco is just a crap shoot (which Dusty has never understood) and Chapman is a raw talent and young to this level. Recipe for disaster. Coupled with dysfunctional lineups and you get the 2011 Reds. Package Lewis, Gomes, Renteria, and Volquez for a power-hitting outfielder or a reliable starter, and bring up the kids. Potential be darned. Let's find out who has the stuff to be MLB players.those four mentioned above have proven they are not here and in some cases with their former teams.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Package Lewis, Gomes, Renteria, and Volquez for a power-hitting outfielder or a reliable starter, and bring up the kids.
    The problem is, that Volquez is the only one of that group worth anything. The rest are replacement-level or worse. Nobody would give up anything for that group....that would help this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    The problem is, that Volquez is the only one of that group worth anything. The rest are replacement-level or worse. Nobody would give up anything for that group....that would help this year.
    Sad but true, but I disagree about Edinson. He will never be more than he is now. It's mental and the word is he's not worth much either.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Senor Votto

I'm so sick of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Don't blame him. I'm not a Dusty basher. In fact, I give him credi for the management of last year's team. That said, I find several Reds nearly useless, trash bin players. Fred Lewis, Jonny Gomes, Renteria, Janish, and even Chris Heisey are better suited for a cellar dwelling team. Lewis, Gomes, and Renteria were journeyman players with a history that was well-documented. Edgar has been good,but past his prime. Janish and Heisey are bench players at best.

Our starters are iffy when you get past Cueto. Coco is just a crap shoot (which Dusty has never understood) and Chapman is a raw talent and young to this level. Recipe for disaster. Coupled with dysfunctional lineups and you get the 2011 Reds. Package Lewis, Gomes, Renteria, and Volquez for a power-hitting outfielder or a reliable starter, and bring up the kids. Potential be darned. Let's find out who has the stuff to be MLB players.those four mentioned above have proven they are not here and in some cases with their former teams.
    So why is our RS/RA so good? Why is our one run record so bad? This team's record is much worse than it should be. This team is lacking in some intangible. They know how to play just poor enough to lose. It goes beyond talent and performance. Coco has pitched much better this year than last yet he's blowing the same amount of saves. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So why is our RS/RA so good? Why is our one run record so bad? This team's record is much worse than it should be. This team is lacking in some intangible. They know how to play just poor enough to lose. It goes beyond talent and performance. Coco has pitched much better this year than last yet he's blowing the same amount of saves. Why is that?
    Random variation? I'm not sure it accounts for all the difference in the 4 game difference between actual record and expected record, but I think it accounts for a pretty good percentage of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?