Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/9/11 - Reds at Brewers

Re: 7/9/11 - Reds at Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Might want to hold off on all this ace talk for Cueto. This team really needed him tonight.
    Cueto is entitled to give up a few runs here and there. He's not Cy Young. It's his colleagues on the starting staff who give up too many too often.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I didn't hear. What did he say?
    He said since Ramon is seeing the ball better than anyone on the team at the moment he'd like to move Monie up in the order where he'd get more RBI opportunities, but then he'd be messing with the middle of the order since Monie doesn't play every day.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I see Cueto more as a good No. 2 than an "ace" ... even though he's clearly the Reds' No. 1 pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I didn't hear. What did he say?

I do not want to move Ramon up beacuse it will force me to disrupt the middle of the lineup. I mean.....how inane can you sound, when you say that you cannot just move Rolen down 2 notches for the games Ramon starts.

He really makes you wonder if he is just being lazy or if he really thunks this way or he is just messing with your head.

The fact that it's been so long since Johnny struck anyone out is a tad worrisome for me

Votto walks. 1st and 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    The fact that it's been so long since Johnny struck anyone out is a tad worrisome for me
    I think if he wanted to Johnny could have more strikeouts. But that would probably mean more BBs and more 5-inning starts.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Nice baserunning from Cozart.

Phillips flies out to center. Both runners advance. 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Cueto is entitled to give up a few runs here and there. He's not Cy Young. It's his colleagues on the starting staff who give up too many too often.

He could use a SO every now and then.....that's his only problem this year. I love the pitch efficient mode...but with the pitcher up....Blow it by him...since you have not been over exerting yourself or back him off the plate so he cannot squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think if he wanted to Johnny could have more strikeouts. But that would probably mean more BBs and more 5-inning starts.
    I agree when it comes to cutting back on them.. it's just the fact that he didn't strike anybody out in 8 innings in his last start and has 0 this start

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Nice baserunning from Cozart.
    Yeah, I don't think Janish was smart enough to do that and Renteria isn't fast enough.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

On a 3-0 count they go ahead and intentionally walk Bruce. Bases loaded for Rolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I agree when it comes to cutting back on them.. it's just the fact that he didn't strike anybody out in 8 innings in his last start and has 0 this start
    Cutting them is one thing....turning into Bob Tewksbury is another.

Rolen strikes out swinging. 2 outs.

Turn Off Ads?