Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    For the life of me I have no idea where anyone is getting this Gus is gay thing. Seems like a huge reach to me. But the last 10 minutes or so of that episode was incredible.
    Read up on it. I don't have any direct links, but I read a message board that discussed the Spanish words that were used in that final scene led a native spanish speaker to believe he was gay. Basically, Gus's buddy (can't remember his name) reffered to Gus as his "companero", which is spanish for companion, where as the word "blank" (I can't remember what the word was) would be used in Spanish to describe a business partner.

Also, the taunting that Hector does to both of them after he urinates in the pool by saying the two of them "like what they see", and he blew them three kisses. Could just be a way of demeaning his guests that he did not respect, but he could also be taunting the fact that they were gay.

There are conflicting reports with what was said on the podcast, where Vince said it was open to interpretation, but other producers hinted that it was true.

Again, not that applicable to the storyline at all, but an interesting debate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Their interaction and the conversation led me to believe they were more than friends. I don't think it matters that much, except to suggest that Gus would have taken his death harder than he might have if they were simply friends.

The Gus/Pinochet connection possibility is really interesting. I really hope we see Gus' background fleshed out more with more flashbacks.

I'm sort of more interested in Mike and Gus at this point than Walt. Which is nothing against Walt's storyline, it's all excellent, but Mike and Gus are really intriguing.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

This show just continues to top itself week in and week out. I dont know how they do it. A+ opening scene with jessie taking control of the lab while Gus and Mike nod in almost fatherly like approval. Even better ending/closing scene
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

I feel emotionally drained every week after I watch this show. It's incredible. Only other show I can even compare it to is The Wire, and it's getting closer and closer to how good that was.

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    This show just continues to top itself week in and week out. I dont know how they do it. A+ opening scene with jessie taking control of the lab while Gus and Mike nod in almost fatherly like approval. Even better ending/closing scene

No kidding. What fantastic writing and acting.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Another amazing episode. What an ending. Every week you swear this show can't possibly get any more intense and they just keep topping themselves every week.

Am I the only one surprised that Walt doesn't have $500K? Even after the $617K they gave to Beneke......he makes over $7mil a year...maybe it just hasn't been as long as I think. How old is the baby now?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Am I the only one surprised that Walt doesn't have $500K? Even after the $617K they gave to Beneke......he makes over $7mil a year...maybe it just hasn't been as long as I think. How old is the baby now?
    Actually I read an interview with the shows creator in which he said the whole series has taken place within the same year. So while the series has been on several seasons the story from the beginning to now has taken place within the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    $600k+ to Beneke, Car wash was $800k, he's paid for Hank's health care, which is probably hundreds of thousands, he blew up a $55k car, and I think he's only been working for Gus for a few months in show time. Just thinking out loud. Plus he might have still had a healthy amount of money down there, hundreds of thousands even, but he needs $500k for 4 identities, plus money to live on. Possibly forever.

That ending last night was an all time great. Think I'll remember that forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    $600k+ to Beneke, Car wash was $800k, he's paid for Hank's health care, which is probably hundreds of thousands, he blew up a $55k car, and I think he's only been working for Gus for a few months in show time. Just thinking out loud. Plus he might have still had a healthy amount of money down there, hundreds of thousands even, but he needs $500k for 4 identities, plus money to live on. Possibly forever.

That ending last night was an all time great. Think I'll remember that forever.
    That probably is right. For some reason I was thinking that it had been close to a year and Walt was nearing $6mil or so.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Love the show. 2nd greatest show I've ever seen, and it has a chance to rank as #1. However, the Beneke death was kind of strange to me. What the heck was up with that? He dies running in the house?

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Love the show. 2nd greatest show I've ever seen, and it has a chance to rank as #1. However, the Beneke death was kind of strange to me. What the heck was up with that? He dies running in the house?
    Is he for-sure dead? I thought they left it ambiguous, but could have missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

Yeah, that was the weakest thing I've seen on this show since day one.

And they did leave it up in the air as to his condition, I think.

What incredible writing and performances.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    And they did leave it up in the air as to his condition, I think.

The oranges falling on him was a direct homage to The Godfather. I think it's safe to assume he's dead.

Turn Off Ads?