Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    The oranges falling on him was a direct homage to The Godfather. I think it's safe to assume he's dead.

Interesting. Is that just your opinion, or have you seen that somewhere?

Regardless, IMO it was lame, especially relative to everything else they've done in that show.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't want to defend it too much, because I think a lot of the Skyler storyline this season has been lacking a little (all relative, still great writing compared to most television), but I think his death was kind of fitting given how stupid he's acted all season. He didn't really "deserve" a respectable death, if that makes sense.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Interesting. Is that just your opinion, or have you seen that somewhere?

Regardless, IMO it was lame, especially relative to everything else they've done in that show.
    As an amateur writer myself, I can usually predict most endings of movies and see little cues as to what's going to happen next or see what little techniques they're trying to use to tell me the story. But recognizing what they're trying to do doesn't make me enjoy the movie less. Something might seem really obvious, but I recognize that just might be because I'm good at recognizing it and I'm not going to let that ruin a movie for me.

Another amazing hour of television. On the edge of my seat the entire episode. Ridiculous.

I didnt really like the way they wrapped up Teds storyline either. Seemed a bit too easy and convenient almost like a soap opera storyline where the character gets hit in the head and loses their memory, except this time they had him die. Other than that though, I loved last weeks episode. Was an amazing closing scene with walt looking up out through the hole as if its his grave hes looking out from.

But my oh my oh my tonight was very very good. I think at this point Im leaning towards Walt actually being behind the ricin poisoning, even though Id imagine most people didnt take away the same thing. Stuff that jumped out to me to support it being Walt.

1. Gun spinning scene with walt and a plant, almost like spinning the gun between just killing himself and doing some horrible (poisoning the child). Btw, ricin castor beans that are poisonous do grow on a plant http://www.library.illinois.edu/vex/...tor/castor.htm

2. Walt had a lot of unaccounted time in this episode

3. I highly doubt that Gus would have waited to this point if he knew about the cigs for a long time and then choose this exact moment to make some kind of powerplay with the heat hes getting from the DEA going on. Last thing he needs is an unstable Jesse.

4. Scene at saul's that shows him getting patted down by one of Saul's guys was an opportunity for the Cigs to be replaced or changed or whatnot.

5. This shows buildup all 4 seasons has been just how far will Mr. White break bad. And I cant come up with a more disturbing way than for Mr. White to have set this all up.

6. Walts in a desperate situation and would be willing to take such an extreme risk

7. Walt has a lot to gain from poisoning the kid if he can use that to get Jesse back.

8. Walt is obv confident in being able to convince Jesse he'd never do such a thing. Cant fault Jesse for buying it given Walts history and Gus' history in said situations.

9. Jesse/Walt are the only two who know about the ricin. Jessie will probably always go to Walt first to address this head on. Jessie just doesnt know hes about to get leveled by Walt with his, "theres no way id do this" "what would I gain" "isnt this exactly what gus wants? you to kill me" "THINK JESSIE!!"blah blah when actually Walt gains everything he needs if he pulls it off. Was a huge gamble, but it paid off. And really, didnt have many other options.

10. Gus not getting in the car was a bit of a stretch, but i guess theyll say its bc Jesse said the kid was poisoned. Gus wonders how Jesse or the doctors could have determined this with such little info.

11. As a result, Gus picks up on the genius situation Walt created to get jesse back and feels threatened and picks up on something being off.

/conspiracy theory :-)

prob way off and nowhere near right but if so obv i told you so. wee freerolls
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 10-03-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Pretty awesome analysis there ervin, although I do not agree.

I'm still not seeing the reasoning behind why Walt would poison the kid. I don't think he needed to "get Jesse on his side." He knew that Jesse was not allowing Gus to kill Walt, so despite Walt and Jesse not being on speaking terms, he should know that Jesse was still on his side just based on the fact that he hadn't been killed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Pretty awesome analysis there ervin, although I do not agree.

I'm still not seeing the reasoning behind why Walt would poison the kid. I don't think he needed to "get Jesse on his side." He knew that Jesse was not allowing Gus to kill Walt, so despite Walt and Jesse not being on speaking terms, he should know that Jesse was still on his side just based on the fact that he hadn't been killed yet.
    First I agree, great analysis erv.

I could see both sides. Walt knows that Jesse wasn't allowing Gus to milk him but he knew Jesse wouldn't be on board with killing Gus unless something drastic happened. Maybe it was just "fortunate" (for Walt unfortunate for the boy) that something happened to turn Jesse against Gus, or maybe Walt has no bottom on what he'll do to protect his family and engineered Jesse's turning against Gus.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

My wife just reminded me about Walt letting Jesse's girlfriend die. This is another couple steps beyond that but its not ridiculous to think he's capable of poisoning the kid.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The creator of the show has said it's about watching Mr. Chips become Scarface.

I don't think Walt did it, but considering the above I'm really not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The creator of the show has said it's about watching Mr. Chips become Scarface.

I don't think Walt did it, but considering the above I'm really not sure.

Wow. I hadn't heard that. That scenario isn't so unthinkable, after reading the past few posts.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

This http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...-412-end-times interview thats up on AMC with cranston and giancarlo esposito seems to suggest that Gus was not aware of the poisoning and that as he was walking to his car he had an epiphany.

Key parts start at the 3:27 min mark

from real life giancarlo:

" Gus doesnt really know the circumstance of all that happened. Then finds out what that is."

"then a clue happens." (when jessie says boy was poisoined)

"as hes walking out hes thinking in his head, the boy was poisoned? poisoned? poisoned?"

"and he realizes he parks where hed always park. Then it hits him."

While this doesnt confirm that Walt did it (ive read theories that Saul set it all up), I think it does kinda remove Gus from the List of Possible people

I also dont think its possible the boy ingested it accidentally based off the time frame that jessie gave for when he last had the cigs and bc its not like ricin was mixed in and could be smoked. It was actually stored in a vial inside the cig. I really want Walt to be behind all of this bc I think it just shows how terrible hes become, but idk if thats for sure what the writers are doing.

ANother thing in support of walt doing it though is we have to remember how big of an ego Walt has. Even in EP 1 of this season when jessie and walt have the sit down in front of Mike and Gus and its really tense Walts ego is huge. Same thing with Hank at the dinner table and cant let Gail take the blame as heisenberg. So why would Walt, actually admit to ever being outsmarted by Gus. That doesnt fit with his whole ego thing, even in a desperate spot, unless he was lying.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

I sort of wonder if Walt might have given the kid something milder that would wear off after a few days but have similar symptoms, along with stealing the cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I sort of wonder if Walt might have given the kid something milder that would wear off after a few days but have similar symptoms, along with stealing the cigarette.
    thats definitely very possible as well.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

You guys brought up a lot of excellent points that makes me now think Walt did it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk

<24 hours till orgasm
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Turn Off Ads?