Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

That Robin Williams as Hugo Strange rumor has been out there for awhile. If they pull that off, wow.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was underwhelmed by the trailer, but imagine things will look better as we get closer.

Nolan may stop after this one, but Hollywood won't. Too much money at stake with comic book super heroes being hot as can be. Do they make one at some point to include a Robin?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

They will make Bruce Wayne a teenager and show how he and Catwoman first met in 2nd period social studies. The Joker is a classmate who is jealous of their attraction and whose open mic sets at the campus cafe have been going poorly, leading him to teenage madness.

Senor Votto

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    A lot of Joseph Gordon Levitt in this one. What's that all about?
    Witty signature.

I've read speculation that he will be the next Batman. Christian Bale dying? Comics deal with new Batmans arising, certainly. Gotta believe the series will continue on, I just hope they stick with the style that Nolan has created.

Just returned from an advanced screening in Newport, and... WOW!!! I gotta agree that even if Nolan hangs it up, the franchise doesn't end here, though if it does, then it's going out with a bang.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Oh, and some of the rumors are true, and some aren't, but I'm not telling you which ones.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I think Jason Bourne will be the next Batman.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Also, go see it in IMAX, it's perfection.

One other thing that's not lost on me with this film is that in its magnificent scope, almost the entirety of the script was an accident. This wasn't how Nolan planned on ending his trilogy, yet the tragic and untimely death of Heath Ledger caused him to have to rework the end of the story as he wanted to present it. For a writer to have to completely divert the direction of his story and still have it work to such perfection is a skill that will probably be overlooked by many.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post

One other thing that's not lost on me with this film is that in its magnificent scope, almost the entirety of the script was an accident. This wasn't how Nolan planned on ending his trilogy, yet the tragic and untimely death of Heath Ledger caused him to have to rework the end of the story as he wanted to present it. For a writer to have to completely divert the direction of his story and still have it work to such perfection is a skill that will probably be overlooked by many.
    Agreed and agreed.

All I can say is you won't be disappointed.
    Go BLUE!!!

Senor Votto

Absolutely loved the movie saw it last night. Amazing amazing amazing

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post

Will Nolan ever divulge how it would have went had Ledger lived?

Either way, TDKR was awesome. Just a great trilogy all the way around.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I can't go since Ben and Hines Ward are in it. Just not going.

Turn Off Ads?