Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 7/19/2011 - Reds @ Pirates

Re: 7/19/2011 - Reds @ Pirates

That has been about as ugly two days of offensive baseball that I can recall, against an average and below average starter. Nice of us to give Pittsburgh infield practice for two days though.

Yuk.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    No idea where to find the stat....but he has to be in amongst the league leaders in LOB.

Screaming to bat 2nd.
    The Reds are 15th in hitting with the bases loaded. Although not the entire story it's very telling.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That has been about as ugly two days of offensive baseball that I can recall, against an average and below average starter. Nice of us to give Pittsburgh infield practice for two days though.

Yuk.
    I can't remember details of all of my 40 years in keeping up with the Reds. I only kept up with them very casually in the mid to late 90's but this has to be one of the worst clutch hitting teams I have seen. Maybe 1982 and 83 were worse? The overall teams of those years were certainly worse. This year has been a total enigma. Just hard to put a reason as to why this lack of hitting in the clutch.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I can't remember details of all of my 40 years in keeping up with the Reds. I only kept up with them very casually in the mid to late 90's but this has to be one of the worst clutch hitting teams I have seen. Maybe 1982 and 83 were worse? The overall teams of those years were certainly worse. This year has been a total enigma. Just hard to put a reason as to why this lack of hitting in the clutch.

1989...when they started losing over half of the starters except for Todd Benzinger......they really could barely score 2 a game...then went ape S over HOU at home... 18-2.

How much you bet they score a ton in CHI but lose 1-2 games beacuse the pitching goes south?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The Reds are 15th in hitting with the bases loaded. Although not the entire story it's very telling.
    I looked that up last week and the reds were somewhere in the .180's with bases loaded. Probably last by now.

Turn Off Ads?