Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: College Football Realignment

Re: College Football Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Disagree. UC would increase their stadium capacity because it would be in their best financial interest. They would be getting home games with the likes of Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, etc. They would also be able to get better non conference games, and get power conference foes to play a home and home.

I think UC made the initial expansion to get on the Big 12's radar, I read Ono's quote to say that it would be an opportunity for UC to expand, not a requirement of the Big 12. They need to focus on getting 5/3 arena better and can play OU and Texas at PBS for the time being.
    If you do not think that an expansion of Nippert would be a requirement under any deal to move to the Big 12 then that's where we disagree. I think it'd certainly be a requirement.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If you do not think that an expansion of Nippert would be a requirement under any deal to move to the Big 12 then that's where we disagree. I think it'd certainly be a requirement.
    Sorry but that's silly. UC couldn't agree to it in advance. You couldn't even begin to put together the capital stack for such a project until you'd made it public and secured donor pledges, financing, advertising, etc... But as part of the due diligence process UC has, no doubt, offered its commitment to expand Nippert. This won't be an issue. UC can fill 45,000-50,000 for Texas and Oklahoma. It can't fill that many seats for Tulane and USF.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I think youre wrong.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Sorry but that's silly. UC couldn't agree to it in advance. You couldn't even begin to put together the capital stack for such a project until you'd made it public and secured donor pledges, financing, advertising, etc... But as part of the due diligence process UC has, no doubt, offered its commitment to expand Nippert. This won't be an issue. UC can fill 45,000-50,000 for Texas and Oklahoma. It can't fill that many seats for Tulane and USF.
    Let's hope they get invited and then we'll see how it shakes out.

Stadium capacity has a lot to do with revenue and I'm sure the Big 12 cares two figs about $$.

The President of UC sure thought that this was an issue when asked about it 6 mos ago:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...g-12/80405222/
    It's my understanding neither the ACC nor the Big12 share (or at least not fully) in stadium revenue. I think that is part of the hostility towards Texas in the Big 12 is they share basically none of their revenue streams except for conference TV. Obviously, your season ticket base tends to show general interest in the product, but if you had a 40,000 season ticket base I assume that would be attractive.
    Last edited by Eric from NC; 08-04-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Right. In college sports, stadium revenue generally isn't shared. It makes no difference to Oklahoma's bottom line if TCU adds 10,000 seats. Texas A&M's recent stadium expansion doesn't directly put money in Vanderbilt's pocket. Etc.

Where it matters in expansion discussions is, stadium size/attendance is often used as a proxy for a football program's strength and sustainability. TV factors are huge these days, but they also want programs with a track record of pulling their own weight.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?