Cozart 6
    Votto 3
    Phillips 4
    Lewis 9
    Gomes 7
    Frazier 5
    Hanigan 2
    Bailey 1

Jay Bruce has an inner ear problem. First pitch @ 4:10 Fox TV.

Last edited by Ron Madden; 07-23-2011 at 01:55 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braves @ Reds 7-23-2011

So the Braves are throwing a RH Sinkerballer and the Reds sit Heisey and his .773 OPS against RHP in favor of Stubbs and Gomes and their Fly Ball hitting, sub .675 OPS versus righties talents. I get that Bruce is out and one of these guys has to play, but why both?

I predict a bunch of K's and ground balls beat into the ground to second base. Maybe Frazier can provide a spark, but right now this line-up is basically a slumping Joey Votto, a pedestrian Fred Lewis, a couple of rookies and a bunch of auto outs. At least he didn't play Renteria.

The mismanagement is rampant throughout this organization these days.

Hopefully Bailey pitches a gem and Lowe is off his game. If everybody does what they should, the Reds are outmatched today.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Dusty says Gomes is 4-8 with a HR off Derek Lowe in his career.

Hannigan wearing the gear for 2 brutally hot days in a row. Hope hes drinking plenty of water.
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Dusty says Gomes is 4-8 with a HR off Derek Lowe in his career.
    And Stubbs is 4 for 7. I bow to Dusty's logic and still bet they'll go ofer today based on how they're going in 2011.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    And Stubbs is 4 for 7. I bow to Dusty's logic and still bet they'll go ofer today based on how they're going in 2011.
    Dusty loves those small sample sizes.

Dusty loves those small sample sizes.
    At least he has some reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    At least he has some reasoning.
    Yea, it beats going by hunches and gut-feelings.

Yea, it beats going by hunches and gut-feelings.
    I was afraid I'd hear something about his batting average in day games on the week-end when its 95 degrees or more against guys who used to pitch for the Red Sox.

I'm quickly growing to hate these Fox Saturday games....don't get Reds on TV and am blacked out on MLB.TV
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

That may have been the best throw I've seen Gomes make.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Did I read that right? Dusty had Cozart sac bunt Stubbs to 3rd?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Man, I'm really enjoying this Tigers/Twins game. Thanks Fox! And by thanks, I mean I hate you.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    yuppers.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    It was more along the lines of trying to bunt for a hit.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?