Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The End

The End

This Mets series = the burial of the 2011 Cincinnati Reds....Agree??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The End

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Thankfully, yes. It forces this team to start thinking about next year.

Winning the division should never be this team's top goal and it was sad to see so many on here and on the team just to be happy to go to the playoffs.

Starting thinking higher expectations.

Agreed. We need to sell. Hernandez should be the first to go and then we can call up Mesoraco.

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Agreed unfortunately, this has been the most frustrating disappointing season I think i've ever seen.

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Thankfully, yes. It forces this team to start thinking about next year.

Winning the division should never be this team's top goal and it was sad to see so many on here and on the team just to be happy to go to the playoffs.

Starting thinking higher expectations.
    What's going to matter for next year when we're still on the hook for $24 million of a horrible starting pitcher's contract that was a big part of this seasons failure? Instead, he could have been off the books and we would have had a lot of salary to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    What's going to matter for next year when we're still on the hook for $24 million of a horrible starting pitcher's contract that was a big part of this seasons failure? Instead, he could have been off the books and we would have had a lot of salary to work with.
    You forgot about Jay Bruce too.

Not from this season, but a good picture to describe my feelings right now.

Yep no doubt, it has actually been over for quite some time. The only difference is now the other three teams ahead of us are starting to win more games. This is a SAD way to follow up a division championship year. These players started the year waaaayyyy to laid back and never got going. Poor performance by ALL the players (Votto and Cueto being the exception) and really poor managing by Dusty.

takealeake

You forgot about Jay Bruce too.
    Jay Bruce has a 5.5 ERA?

Jay Bruce has a 5.5 ERA?
    You think paying a guy 50 million for 1 month of baseball is wise?

takealeake

You think paying a guy 50 million for 1 month of baseball is wise?
    What are you even talking about?

What are you even talking about?
    I find it a bit odd you want to rail against Arroyo because he 'had one good year" and yet, we sign a guy like Jay Bruce for 50 million for one good year and you say nothing.

''We just need to click'',''I dont believe we've played our best baseball yet'','Too much talent on this team''.''Still plenty of games left''.

Did I leave any more quotes out?

takealeake

I find it a bit odd you want to rail against Arroyo because he 'had one good year" and yet, we sign a guy like Jay Bruce for 50 million for one good year and you say nothing.
    Get back to me when you actually read what I say. Find any quote I've made that said "had one good year." And Bruce was on the All Star team, not one of the worst players in the league at his position, and he's 24 years old.

Turn Off Ads?