Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    If I ever do make "the switch," it would be between Tampa Bay and Jax, with Miami a distant 3rd. Truthfully, though, it will never happen. Like Redsfaithful, I probably couldn't ever do it. And I, as well, barring a disaster, will outlive Mike Brown. What scares the hell out of me is the fact that he could just turn things over to Katie when he does pass. THAT might be the final straw for me.
    Of course he is going to turn it over to her. I don't think there is the slightest bit of a doubt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I've given up on trying to not be a Bengals fan. It is what it is at this point, I can't change.

I'm going to outlive Mike Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think this team will exceed expectations and win 6-7 games. My thought is in 2009 they were an 8-8 team that got lucky more often than unlucky and went 10-6. Last year they were a 7-9 team that was more unlucky then lucky and went 5-11. I think they're less talented this year than last year, but the correct base to judge from is a team that "should" have gone 7-9.
    Vegas has the over/under at 7.5 wins. They've got a very easy schedule this year, and I wouldn't be shocked if they win 7 or 8 games. The defense played well towards the end of last year. The offense loses Palmer, but they also lose Bratkowski. If Jay Gruden can bring some magic to the offense, I wouldn't be at all shocked if the Bengals have a decent season, more due to a weak schedule than a good team though.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    How does a guy from Hamilton end up a Browns fan?
    Spent a lot of my youth in northern Ohio. We moved to Goshen when I was in 11th grade and I graduated from there. And grandpa was a Browns fan from way back before the Bengirls were a team, so I had that influence also.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Bengals signed Manny Lawson to a 1 year deal tonight.

Solid signing. With Howard and Lawson the Bengals just got a heck of a lot faster at LB.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 08-02-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I hate that the Lutui thing fell through but, if we can add at least one more solid lineman and finalize the Whitner deal, I must say, we'll have done pretty well this off-season. The more I think about it, the more I realize the Texans overpaid for JJoe big time.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I peg them anywhere between 2-6 wins. Gradkowski isn't a great QB but he is a guy who will win a few more games than you think he can. He is a gritty type QB who will stick his nose anywhere in order to get a win. If Dalton is the 1st string QB I think their overall record will be worse but the team will be better off down the road.

IMO this type of season is going to be painful but beneficial in the long run. They needed to rid themselves of the likes of Chad, Carson, TJ, TO, etc. They needed to get some fresh blood in the system and rebuild. Now I don't have great hopes for the Bengals with Brown as the owner but hopefully Dalton is the real deal and they are able to get a top 5-8 draft pick and take a T.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    We will welcome you as a Jags fan. I (as former Buckeye) was a Bengals fan forever. But eventually the fact that Mike Brown just doesn't care wears you down.

Here in Jax you have a team (and an owner) fighting for their survival. An owner that won't even listen to LA when they call. That when they were handing out franchises was told a franchise was his.... all he had to do was turn his back on Jacksonville, and he refused.

We have a GM that says character matters, and has rid his team of the bad guys.

Just one thing... you have to like rooting for the underdog.
    Kind of a different situation for me.

I moved to Parkersburg, WV 8 years ago (hence the name). Growing up in Kentucky, I was always closer to the Reds and Bengals which made them my teams. Now in WV, the closest teams by proximity are the Steelers and Browns, one of which I have grown to hate and the other isn't much of an improvement over the Bengals.

I've also flirted with the idea of becoming a Colts fan, but I can't stand the Mannings either.

I'll stick with the Bengals. I'll probably quit following the NFL in general before I switch teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Maybe they'll use the 2009 formula and play great Zimmer defense and then hand the ball off to Benson 25-30 times a game.

And then to keep the defenses honest, 2-3 times a game, they'll send AJ Green long and have the QB hang it out there and let him go up and get it.

I'll give this about a 25% chance of happening. Possible, but not probable. I'm glad I'm not a Bengals fan.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Kind of a different situation for me.

I moved to Parkersburg, WV 8 years ago (hence the name). Growing up in Kentucky, I was always closer to the Reds and Bengals which made them my teams. Now in WV, the closest teams by proximity are the Steelers and Browns, one of which I have grown to hate and the other isn't much of an improvement over the Bengals.

I've also flirted with the idea of becoming a Colts fan, but I can't stand the Mannings either.

I'll stick with the Bengals. I'll probably quit following the NFL in general before I switch teams.
    That's why the Jags are perfect.... they are so anonymous that one cares one way or another.....

But hurry... we're getting good. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Vegas has the over/under at 7.5 wins.
    I just checked the Hilton and they had the over/under at 5.5. I'm curious where you found 7.5.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I just checked the Hilton and they had the over/under at 5.5. I'm curious where you found 7.5.
    I just left Vegas on Tuesday and the odds at MGM were 7.5 and I placed a big bet.

I have the betting odds paper with me also.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I just left Vegas on Tuesday and the odds at MGM were 7.5 and I placed a big bet.
    I'm guessing you took the under?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

I have the betting odds paper with me also.
    Almost looks like a teaser bet. Vegas is good, they must see something us Bengals fans don't.

What was the over/under on Philly? I think they are over hyped and never will bet on Vick. Look at what he did when he got overhyped in ATL.

nm
    Last edited by bucksfan2; 08-05-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Turn Off Ads?