Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 7/31/11- Giants at Reds

Re: 7/31/11- Giants at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    I hope you're right. I'm an optimist and the schedule favors the Reds greatly. August is really, really easy it seems.

I am still in it til the end. Trust me.
    Yeah the schedule is a major selling point for me. I've felt the Reds have been due to get hot, and said so during the game Friday. With these signs of life the last few days, and the upcoming schedule, they have a chance to have a blistering month. Fortunately the Reds can directly cut into the lead simply by taking about 2/3 of the games remaining against Milwaukee and St. Louis.

It would not be easy, but I'm most definitely not ready to write them off.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'm in too, but the teams ahead of us made moves to improve their clubs and we did not.
    Weeks going down really hurts Milwaukee. Their team got worse when that happened.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

It's been a while since we've seen that. Brilliant pitching AND excellent hitting. All in the same game. My head's spinning. :O)

Well, I STILL think we end up winning the division. I STILL think we'll have one pitcher be a legit Cy Young candidate and I STILL think we'll end up with 2 guys being legit MVP candidates this year. I refuse to give up, this club has yet to have anything close to resembling a winning streak this season (since the 5-0 start)...they are SOOOOOOO overdue for a nice big one.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    It's been a while since we've seen that. Brilliant pitching AND excellent hitting. All in the same game. My head's spinning. :O)

Well, I STILL think we end up winning the division. I STILL think we'll have one pitcher be a legit Cy Young candidate and I STILL think we'll end up with 2 guys being legit MVP candidates this year. I refuse to give up, this club has yet to have anything close to resembling a winning streak this season (since the 5-0 start)...they are SOOOOOOO overdue for a nice big one.
    Big start for Bronson tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Big start for Bronson tomorrow.
    I wish they would place Arroyo on the 15 day DL with fatigue. Right now I have more trust in every other starter on the staff to give the Reds a chance to win.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Easy to get excited about the series. Nice sweep.
    But the Giants threw two lefties at the REDS. Mistake for them.

Sorry to be the Debbie downer, but too late, too far behind, too many teams ahead.
    It ain't happening.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Joey Votto is now tied with Dave Parker for 22nd place on the Reds' all-time home run list.

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Brandon Phillips - 116
    21. Frank McCormick - 110
    22. Dave Parker - 107
    22. Joey Votto - 107
    24. Chris Sabo - 104
    25. Dave Concepcion - 101
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I vote for EV to work on a Luis Tiant style delivery while at LVille.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

54 games left. 2/3 of the way through and they'll need to win 2/3 of every game left.

36-18 could very well do it (89-73). Sounds crazy, but this team is better than their record. Plus the schedule gets easier and they are due to make a run.

Next 6 vs. the two worst teams in baseball (HOU & CHI). Must take at least 5 and then we can talk.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

This week I actually was there in person for what was pretty much Cueto's worst start of the year (Tuesday which wasn't all his fault with the Bad News Bears defense behind him that night) and I was there today for his best start of the year. He was just DEALING today and I knew from the outset if they could get runs for him that he was going to pitch an awesome game. I can't remember a single time where he shook off Ramon and he was just in a zone. It was amazing and I'm thrilled he got the chance to get the shutout and CG. Really fun game today! I was with about twenty people from my church (Faith Day today and Mercy Me was an awesome concert after the game) and we all had a blast together.

BTW-I went to seven games in the month of July and I only saw TWO wins. That really has to change for August and September.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?