Brandon Phillips 4
    Miguel Cairo 5
    Chris Heisey 9
    Ramon Hernandez 2
    Todd Frazier 7
    Homer Bailey 1
    v. Wandy Rodriguez LHP
    7-7, 3.47 ERA

Rodriguez has worked seven innings in each of his last two starts, allowing a combined three earned runs. He last faced the Reds on May 11, allowing three runs in seven innings, and the Astros have won his last five outings against the Reds at Minute Maid Park.

• Bailey will be making his third start of the season against the Astros and, if the prior two are any indication, it should be a tough night for the Houston offense. The right-hander is 2-0 with a 0.69 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 13 innings against Houston. Current Astros are hitting .195 against Bailey with no extra-base hits.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...1&mode=preview

Bruce is 1-for-23 v. Wandy Rodriguez. Frazier is in left for the first time. He’s supposed to be pretty good defensively out there.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ds-lineup-151/
    Last edited by klw; 08-02-2011 at 04:36 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8.2.11 Reds @ Astros

Kudos to anyone who has the patience to sit through this tonight.

Lol.. I am going to try.. I am in the hospital so I got time to kill
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Lol.. I am going to try.. I am in the hospital so I got time to kill
    Sorry to hear about that Cincy. God bless you with whatever you're going through.

Good luck!... though if you're looking for something to lift your spirits in the hospital, I wouldn't recommend watching the Reds.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Nothing to be sorry about at all, in fact the reason I am here is a blessing. My wife gave birth to my newborn son yesterday morning! Best thing in my life to happen to me.

We took in our first Reds game together yesterday, and the Reds failed to deliver my son a win.. Now there is something you can be sorry for!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Reds win this one going away.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Nothing to be sorry about at all, in fact the reason I am here is a blessing. My wife gave birth to my newborn son yesterday morning! Best thing in my life to happen to me.

We took in our first Reds game together yesterday, and the Reds failed to deliver my son a win.. Now there is something you can be sorry for!
    Congratulations! And yep, you're absolutely right about the best thing to happen part. Got 4 girls myself and while there ARE days I want to bang their heads together...I wouldn't trade one minute spent with them. Well...maybe that minute when my oldest flushed my keys down the toilet. Nah...it was funny looking back.

Oh... well in that case congrats!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

It's a joy to watch the Reds play every single game, whether they are 10 games ahead or 10 games behind.

Reds fail to score in the 1st, wasting a Votto single.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

'Stros fail to capitalize on a 2 out double by Bogusevic. No score after 1.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Congratulations! A new Reds fan is born

Brewers jump out to a quick 2-0 lead. Should be any day now that they remember they are the Brewers.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Yee Haw! Another Reds fan is born!

Congratulations!!!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Time is the Revelator.

Congrats!

Turn Off Ads?