Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1190

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

  1. #1036
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    I wasn't aware of who the Punch Brothers were prior to posting that, but a friend of mine recommended I check them out. They play a mix of blue grass, country, classical, and indie folk/pop. Pretty good stuff.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #1037
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Digging that new David Byrne record a lot.

  4. #1038
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,270

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)



    I couldn't figure out what Jack White's new song sounded like until it finally hit me that it's a marriage between White Stripes and Rage Against the Machine

  5. #1039
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,245

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I wasn't aware of who the Punch Brothers were prior to posting that, but a friend of mine recommended I check them out. They play a mix of blue grass, country, classical, and indie folk/pop. Pretty good stuff.
    Their lead singer is Chris Thile, the former front guy of Nickle Creek and current host of Prairie Home Companion.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  6. #1040
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    ^will have to check out more of their stuff

    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  7. #1041
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    I've been on quite a bit of a Lindsey Stirling kick lately.

  8. #1042
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    The new Lord Huron album is pretty good.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

  9. Likes:

    WildcatFan (05-11-2018)

  10. #1043
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    UPSATE N.Y.
    Posts
    339

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Blackberry smoke -Find a light

  11. Likes:

    TheBigLebowski (04-27-2018)

  12. #1044
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,721

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Just got tickets to the Gen Xiest concert ever - Pixies opening for Weezer.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  13. #1045
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    I caught The National last Saturday in St. Augustine. Incredible. I'll upload a couple of clips later if anyone is interested.

    One of the best bands I've seen live.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

  14. Likes:

    M2 (05-13-2018)

  15. #1046
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,721

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I caught The National last Saturday in St. Augustine. Incredible. I'll upload a couple of clips later if anyone is interested.

    One of the best bands I've seen live.
    They're great. Seen them a few times. They produce a much fuller sound live, at least compared to their sparse recorded sound. It's a bit of a callback to their Alligator days. Would love to hear them put that on wax again.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  16. Likes:

    TheBigLebowski (05-14-2018)

  17. #1047
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They're great. Seen them a few times. They produce a much fuller sound live, at least compared to their sparse recorded sound. It's a bit of a callback to their Alligator days. Would love to hear them put that on wax again.
    Did you spring for the record store day release of "Boxer" live in Brussels? I missed it and I'm trying to find one for sale that's somewhat affordable, but the cheapest I've seen is 70.00 on ebay.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

  18. #1048
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Did you spring for the record store day release of "Boxer" live in Brussels? I missed it and I'm trying to find one for sale that's somewhat affordable, but the cheapest I've seen is 70.00 on ebay.
    They're going to do a regular non-limited black version that should be closer to $20, if you're willing to wait. It's a good set but IMO it's not so awesome that I'd rush out and spend $70 unless you specifically want the clear version.

  19. Likes:

    TheBigLebowski (05-14-2018)

  20. #1049
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    They're going to do a regular non-limited black version that should be closer to $20, if you're willing to wait. It's a good set but IMO it's not so awesome that I'd rush out and spend $70 unless you specifically want the clear version.
    Oh. Good info. Thanks, I'll definitely wait.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

  21. #1050
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Oh. Good info. Thanks, I'll definitely wait.
    For sure. I got a RSD copy online for retail price and it's pretty noisy with pops and surface hiss. So, you might be actually getting both a cheaper and better copy by waiting.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator