Turn Off Ads?
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1218

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

I saw the Rebirth Brass Band tonight. Great sound, tight playing, but still true to that loose New Orleans sound.
    Check 'em out if you have the chance.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Wood Brothers new album came out last Friday. If you like the Wood Brothers, you'll like this album. It's really good.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

4. Likes:

marcshoe (01-30-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The Wood Brothers new album came out last Friday. If you like the Wood Brothers, you'll like this album. It's really good.
    I enjoy them, but only in small doses. I could, however, listen to "Luckiest Man" once a day.

The new Destroyer album is almost a masterpiece.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Not for everyone, but dark music from back in the hills was what I grew up on. No surprise that my mother liked this when I played it for her. These guys are from Colorado, and they think their family name was changed from Bender to Bent when some cousins did a little too much murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIQCOtd2SI
    Last edited by marcshoe; 02-04-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (02-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Not for everyone, but dark music from back in the hills was what I grew up on. No surprise that my mother liked this when I played it for her. These guys are from Colorado, and they think their family name was changed from Bender to Bent when some cousins did a little too much murder.

That was fantastic.

I've been listening to a lot of Rush after Neil Peart died.

Moving Pictures is a near-perfect album, but no matter how many times I relisten to it, I can't get into "Witch Hunt"

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

Do you know many other groups that play that type of folk?

11. Likes:

marcshoe (02-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Do you know many other groups that play that type of folk?

Not really; I stumbled across them on Hellier, a weird documentary about--well, that's kind of hard to say. A couple who live in Cincinnati and their Colorado friend hunt goblins-not-goblins in Kentucky and non-aliens in West Virginia. Nevermind; it's impossible to explain and best watched without too much thinking involved. Weirdest thing I've ever watched. They're kind of the anti-Zac Bagans. But back to the music.

KInd of reminds me of The Handsome Family, but it's been a while. If you know any, nI'd love to hear.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

New Tame Impala album just dropped! This one here is my favorite:

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

The new Pearl Jam album is fantastic. I love how different and experimental (for them) it sounds.

For people who know Pearl Jam past their first few albums, it's closest to sounding like No Code.
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 03-27-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

John Prine, all day.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Fountains of Wayne today.

R.I.P. Adam Schlesinger, who could write a perfect pop song while waiting for an oil change (and probably write it about waiting for an oil change).

Rolling Stone put together a compilation of Schlesinger tunes - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-songs-976093/.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

kaldaniels (04-05-2020),Revering4Blue (04-10-2020),RichRed (04-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The new Pearl Jam album is fantastic. I love how different and experimental (for them) it sounds.

For people who know Pearl Jam past their first few albums, it's closest to sounding like No Code.
    I love it. I never got into Lightning Bolt so it’s been a decade since I could just get into a Pearl Jam album.

Having said that. I don’t need to hear a another PJ song with Eddie screaming or growling. (Not that he really does exactly that but he has a few different styles of singing for sure...hopefully my drift is caught). The man can sing. Dial it back a bit. Not to be political but just about every review speaks of how “OMG Eddie name dropped Trump”...well he did in Track 4 but if you aren’t paying close attention or reading the lyrics you miss it. He lands a much more effective blow to The Donald in the great song “Seven O’Clock” because it’s so much more easier to understand (and listen to). But still, great album.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Fountains of Wayne today.

R.I.P. Adam Schlesinger, who could write a perfect pop song while waiting for an oil change (and probably write it about waiting for an oil change).

Rolling Stone put together a compilation of Schlesinger tunes - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-songs-976093/.
    I mean I was a big fan so I didn’t miss out but it’s criminal they (Fountains of Wayne) never hit the really big time.

20. Likes:

M2 (06-10-2020),Revering4Blue (04-10-2020)

NM. Wrong Thread...Oh, I'm listening to people play John Prine songs, FWIW. So sorry to hear about Schlesinger, too.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?