Turn Off Ads?
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1218

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Been hooked to Hvob's Bloom for a little while. So many good tracks, but this is my favorite.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

The new Fiona Apple record (yes, you read that right, there’s a new one) is blistering.

4. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-17-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    The new Fiona Apple record (yes, you read that right, there’s a new one) is blistering.
    A four-word title? No thank you.

(Listening now)
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    New Wilco record today. I was only able to hear the first 4 tracks, but I enjoyed what I heard. In keeping with "Schmilco" style, the album appears to be very laid back and acoustic.
    Curious I Find Wilco a little hit or miss for me really like A.M. and Being there didn't care for "Summer Teeth" or" A ghost is born" at all Y.H.F was ok in spots liked Sky Blue Sky. So what's your opinion on everything after Sky Blue Sky I haven't heard anything was thinking about catching up.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Curious I Find Wilco a little hit or miss for me really like A.M. and Being there didn't care for "Summer Teeth" or" A ghost is born" at all Y.H.F was ok in spots liked Sky Blue Sky. So what's your opinion on everything after Sky Blue Sky I haven't heard anything was thinking about catching up.
    Schmilco was a poor effort overall. But the newest release is a little better. Won’t have you proclaiming they’re the best alt-rock band ever, but it’s a step up. Star Wars, the predecessor to Schmilco, was also a little uneven but more entertaining than anything they’ve done since.

Tweedy’s solo stuff is nice.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

8. Likes:

cinredsfan2000 (06-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Schmilco was a poor effort overall. But the newest release is a little better. Won’t have you proclaiming they’re the best alt-rock band ever, but it’s a step up. Star Wars, the predecessor to Schmilco, was also a little uneven but more entertaining than anything they’ve done since.

Tweedy’s solo stuff is nice.
    I think they're at their best when they're weird, the more odd loops and tape distortion the better. Felt like Sky Blue Sky was their entry into dad/AM rock, and it's been pretty spotty since then (though I liked The Whole Love). Haven't listened to much of the last three albums. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost Is Born are all-timers for me though.

10. Likes:

cinredsfan2000 (06-28-2020)

They call me "chef"

Listening to the new surprise National album. Sorry. I meant the new surprise Taylor Swift album. It’s good.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

The New Fontaines DC album is superb.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I'm really enjoying the new Bright Eyes album. It's not (in sound or in emotion) like the Bright Eyes most people remember from the 2000s, but it's good.

Work: Led Zeppelin I

Car: The Best of the Doors

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I've been listening to a band from Chicago called Hunstmen. They put out a great album this year called Mandala of Fear. Check out the first song on the album.

It's a mix of metal and prog rock. This song has some harmonies that sound like Yes mixed with death metal vocals.

New Springsteen with the E Street Band!

I love this song by Matt Maeson, who's from my hometown of Virginia Beach.

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I've been listening to a band from Chicago called Hunstmen. They put out a great album this year called Mandala of Fear. Check out the first song on the album.

It's a mix of metal and prog rock. This song has some harmonies that sound like Yes mixed with death metal vocals.

This is one of my favs.

Been listening to the The Erkonauts out of Geneva, Switzerland. Think Primus meets Gojira, meets SOAD

https://youtu.be/w756XfnI8Bk

19. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?