Turn Off Ads?
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1218

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Listening to Justin Furstenfeld's solo acoustic album- Songs From an Open Book.

Some of these artists- you can tell have been through some mental health struggles. What a wonderful songwriter, what a voice.

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-21-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Listening to Justin Furstenfeld's solo acoustic album- Songs From an Open Book.

Some of these artists- you can tell have been through some mental health struggles. What a wonderful songwriter, what a voice.
    Ian Curtis comes to mind. You could just hear it in his voice. Poor soul.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-21-2022),Roy Tucker (08-21-2022)

Vinyl has gone up due to supply chain issues. They are going to see $40 prices, you did well.
    My favorite customer is Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland - https://www.gottagrooverecords.com/ - they are growing every year and have grown in 2022 but the cost to move their product all over the country has gone up and this has resulted in a lot of indie punk and rock bands increasing the prices on their vinyl. They are so cool and fun to work with.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My favorite customer is Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland - https://www.gottagrooverecords.com/ - they are growing every year and have grown in 2022 but the cost to move their product all over the country has gone up and this has resulted in a lot of indie punk and rock bands increasing the prices on their vinyl. They are so cool and fun to work with.
    There is a shop here in Oakley- and I just love going in there and talking to the owner. Music is such a thing to bond over, that guy is so nice. Glad your customer is growing- the owner of this store here told me they got an email from Universal Music a few weeks ago saying they needed to jump the price up to slow down consumption.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ian Curtis comes to mind. You could just hear it in his voice. Poor soul.
    Yeah, that guy was suffering.

I dont meant to take happiness from someone's pain- but what I get impressed with is the ability to articulate something that is an emotion or feeling. That takes some talent. Then to be able to sing it beautifully and put it to melody....that is an artist for sure.

What I like about Justin is he take a song and have it sound like a major production and it sounds awesome- and then he can turn it into a ballad, and he does it with a lot of his work, so you get different versions of the songs- it's nice. I cant listen for days on end because it is kinda depressing, but it helps me relate even on my minor issues that go on in my head.

Albums of late:

Madonna- Rebel Heart
    Todd Rundgren- Nearly Human and The Ever Tortured Popular Artist Effect
    Dave Grusin- Mountain Dance
    George Benson- Give Me The Night

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    Albums of late:

Madonna- Rebel Heart
    Todd Rundgren- Nearly Human and The Ever Tortured Popular Artist Effect
    Dave Grusin- Mountain Dance
    George Benson- Give Me The Night
    What is the new Madonna like? I left her years ago when she permanently "went to the club."

Right now I'm listening to The Kostars

What is the new Madonna like? I left her years ago when she permanently "went to the club."
    That Rebel Heart album came out in 2015. Solid album overall imo if you like her. She has an album Finally Enough Love out will all her #1 dance songs/remixes.

Her behavior can be cringeworthy of late at times but I’ll still always find her hot and sexy and be a fan
    Last edited by ShyGuy; 08-19-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    That Rebel Heart album came out in 2015. Solid album overall imo if you like her. She has an album Finally Enough Love out will all her #1 dance songs/remixes.

Her behavior can be cringeworthy of late at times but I’ll still always find her hot and sexy and be a fan
    Ray of Light was the last one I liked- good to know some people stick it out, she was the best thing in the world for years on end.

16. Likes:

ShyGuy (08-24-2022)

M2…….

18. Likes:

Betterread (09-09-2022),M2 (09-04-2022)

All right, so Boston garage rock icons The Dogmatics have been feeling frisky of late. I was driving and "Drop That Needle" came on the (local college) radio and I turned to my wife and exclaimed "That sounds like The Dogmatics!" She was mildly annoyed because I completely derailed our conversation, but I was stuck on it. Then the DJ confirmed it was The Dogmatics and that it was new, and then it was all I could think about and my wife was remembering how she married an idiot. Anyway, there's been a blossoming of old guy garage rock movement in my local area. Basically everybody who was in a band 30, 40 years ago and is still alive has enough free time now to crank up the amps one more time. The lead track here is pure, nostalgic gold.

https://dogmatics.bandcamp.com/album/drop-that-needle
    Last edited by M2; 09-09-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

Betterread (09-09-2022)

The new Afghan Whigs album is superb.

22. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-13-2022)

Loudest song I've heard in a bit.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Last edited by OldFashionedRed; 09-22-2022 at 04:25 PM.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Turn Off Ads?