Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Nats - 8/28/11

Re: Reds vs. Nats - 8/28/11

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I could agree with Cordero....but Logan & Jose have been pretty shaky too. Personally, I think all those innings the relievers have had to throw this year (especially early on) have started to come back and bite them. The gift of Edinson Volquez just keeps on giving.
    Arredondo has been better than Masset lately. So has Coco. Ondrusek was doing poorly, but is now healthy. Even he was a better choice.

Masset should pitch middle innings in losing ballgames until he shows something again.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agree with this, but its not just Volquez. Its most of the rotation.
    True. It's just that he's the first one that comes to mind on that count. But yeah, LOTS of starters failed to go deep early.

YONDER!!!!!!

YONDER!!!!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Tie ballgame baby! That one went WAAAAAY over Yonder!

Thing is Dusty had Coco and Masset in the 'pen, and would've brought Cordero in for the save. Thing is, tie game, 9th or later, you play to win at home. There wouldn't have been a later save chance anyway. So if Cordero is your best 1 inning pitcher you have available, you bring him in right here. Dusty and his "closers are just for saves" philosophy!

Oh well... Yonder ties it up!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Thing is Dusty had Coco and Masset in the 'pen, and would've brought Cordero in for the save. Thing is, tie game, 9th or later, you play to win at home. There wouldn't have been a later save chance anyway. So if Cordero is your best 1 inning pitcher you have available, you bring him in right here. Dusty and his "closers are just for saves" philosophy!

Oh well... Yonder ties it up!

Yep. This is what I was thinking. I would've leaned rather heavily towards Cordero there. But I can certainly follow Dusty's thoughts here. Not that I agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Yep. This is what I was thinking. I would've leaned rather heavily towards Cordero there. But I can certainly follow Dusty's thoughts here. Not that I agree with them.
    No save in a tie game at home.

Earlier this series, I think last night, same scenario. Coco pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Arredondo. Cordero. Ondrusek.

Like the other 2 after Cordero have been Borbon and Eastwick for this team lately?

Sappelt.....hits one off the wall....nailed trying for 3rd. Wow. What a throw!

sigh. I don't think Sappelt was running as hard as he should have been rounding first.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Like the other 2 after Cordero have been Borbon and Eastwick for this team lately?
    Arredondo has been fine of late.

Logan is coming off the DL, hard to say.

For a team so in need of a big bat, why is Yonder on the bench and Lewis played so often? Fielding? Then why do you ever play Edgar? Or even Lewis?

Ah, youth. Bad on Sappelt. I guess
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    sigh. I don't think Sappelt was running as hard as he should have been rounding first.
    Sigh. I can't believe we are honestly having this conversation. You know who runs as hard as they should have been rounding first there? About 5 guys in baseball. You know who gets thrown out by that great throw? Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He wasn't. He violated a rule he should have known sicne about age 7, but a terrific throw.
    The strike three call on Phillips was correct.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Haunted by walks
    Ankiel picked a fine time to regain his control.

Turn Off Ads?