Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Nats - 8/28/11

High five!

Re: Reds vs. Nats - 8/28/11

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sigh. I can't believe we are honestly having this conversation. You know who runs as hard as they should have been rounding first there? About 5 guys in baseball. You know who gets thrown out by that great throw? Everyone.
    Yep.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Sigh. I can't believe we are honestly having this conversation. You know who runs as hard as they should have been rounding first there? About 5 guys in baseball. You know who gets thrown out by that great throw? Everyone.
    Yep. You don't criticize Sappelt there. You simply tip your hat to Ankiel on that BOMB of a throw. I don't think there's another CF'er who makes that throw.

It was just an observation, I'm not going to judge Sappelt's season on that play or anything. It was an amazing throw...but if Sappelt hadn't slowed he would have been safe at third. I want the Reds to win this game, don't be so defensive.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Yep. You don't criticize Sappelt there. You simply tip your hat to Ankiel on that BOMB of a throw. I don't think there's another CF'er who makes that throw.
    You can't criticize Sappelt.

Nor Bruce today with his bases loaded hat trick.

It's Redszone.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I just timed Dave Sappelt there. He got to third base in 11.86 seconds. That is blazing fast. I have Drew Stubbs timed on a triple where he went sliding into third. His time? 11.80 seconds. Sappelt was out because of a GREAT throw, not because he didn't get there fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

It's Redszone.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Alonso must have hit that homer 450 feet. What a shot.

I should note I think my 'sigh' comment was likely misconstrued. It was not directed toward Sappelt 'not running fast enough', but rather just that an out was made. The second part was simply observation, he did slow down.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It's Redszone.
    That wasn't my point, and I think you know that. It was that pretty much every player in baseball was going to be out on that throw. Besides, I hate to pick on Sappelt after he just put a charge in the ball like that. Especially considering the slow tappers we've been treated to lately from him.

Alonso must have hit that homer 450 feet. What a shot.
    As if we needed a big bat in the lineup.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I just timed Dave Sappelt there. He got to third base in 11.86 seconds. That is blazing fast. I have Drew Stubbs timed on a triple where he went sliding into third. His time? 11.80 seconds. Sappelt was out because of a GREAT throw, not because he didn't get there fast.
    Sappelt hustled just fine. Somebody should have held him at second. Votto, Bruce up next. Ankiel good arm. No need to go for a triple IMO.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sappelt hustled just fine. Somebody should have held him at second. Votto, Bruce up next. Ankiel good arm. No need to go for a triple IMO.
    I don't know that you hold him up there. It takes an absolute laser beam to get him out there. Unfortunately, you got one. It doesn't happen often.

Well, those who wanted Ondrusek out there are getting their wish. Lead off single followed by a walk. 0 outs.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    That wasn't my point, and I think you know that. It was that pretty much every player in baseball was going to be out on that throw. Besides, I hate to pick on Sappelt after he just put a charge in the ball like that. Especially considering the slow tappers we've been treated to lately from him.
    Actually, my comment was mostly directed at Bruce.

Actually, my comment was mostly directed at Bruce.
    Sorry. My apologies.

Turn Off Ads?