Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 9/4/11 - Reds at Cardinals

Re: 9/4/11 - Reds at Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Francisco = high ceiling power hitting 3B.

Valuable.
    And a lefty to boot. I've not been very high on Francisco because of his pitch selection and defense, but I'm coming around a bit and think unless they can find a good young 3B, you have to give Juan a chance to at least split time with Rolen and be a LH bat off the bench.

If JF can develop into an average 3B defensively he could be big.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And a lefty to boot. I've not been very high on Francisco because of his pitch selection and defense, but I'm coming around a bit and think unless they can find a good young 3B, you have to give Juan a chance to at least split time with Rolen and be a LH bat off the bench.
    Absolutely. With his multi-field power, he can make mincemeat of GAB if he stays patient for his pitch. Rolen can mentor and play vs. lefties so long as JF is producing. Hope he's willing to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post

If JF can develop into an average 3B defensively he could be big.
    They need to find room on the bench for Francisco and Frazier next year. They should be the bench guys who replace Lewis and Renteria. Cozart replaces Janish. Mesoraco replaces Hernandez. Alonso maybe replaes Gomes.

Of course if they keep all those guys, I'm not sure how they get a pitcher.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    They need to find room on the bench for Francisco and Frazier next year. They should be the bench guys who replace Lewis and Renteria. Cozart replaces Janish. Mesoraco replaces Hernandez. Alonso maybe replaes Gomes.

Of course if they keep all those guys, I'm not sure how they get a pitcher.
    I'd try to build a deal for Shields around Grandal, Stubbs/Heisey, Wood and Volquez.

I'd say Cozart/Janish start the year at SS, but I'd love to see Gregorious start the year at Louisville and thrive. His LH bat (he's a switch-hitter) would give us nice balance in Janish's place.

I'd love to see Francisco/Frazier at 3B with Frazier backing up 1B & LF also. I'm still not sure Rolen won't retire.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 09-04-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Francisco = high ceiling power hitting 3B.

Valuable.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    They need to find room on the bench for Francisco and Frazier next year.
    Assuming those two guys are on the bench, the other 3 would have to be a back up catcher, SS/2B and someone who can play CF.

Hanigan, Janish and Heisey for example. If Alonso is in LF, for example, our back up defense in the OF is quite poor.

But I agree, I would like to see all three of Alonso, Frazier and Francisco up here next year.

Barring trades of course.

It means Cairo would be history.

Turn Off Ads?