Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reds at Cubs 9-6-11

Re: Reds at Cubs 9-6-11

Jose is the next pitcher to try to give this one away. He's always been a little wild and now he walks the first batter. Wow, the guy was hitting .202 on the year.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Leake could have shaken Devin off if he wanted to. He made a bad location of the 2-0 pitch.
    Don't know how blaming Dusty here is really plausible.
    TC:

I know all the arguments for leaving Leake in, but given the circumstances--trying to stay ahead of Pittsburgh and chasing StL, winning would have been the main objective and in order to insure the 12th win for Leake and the win, I would think he would have brought in the closer (I know, ewwwww, Codero), but I don't think it's a crime to say that Dusty made a mistake. It's it's the unpardonable sin, I'm sorry.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I can knock Dusty all day long but not for this. Weak INF hit........ next time he learns to make a better pitch? Next time Dusty takes him out beacuse he realizes that Leake has a hard time finishing ? (Like in Philly)

If they were in a race ...I am sure the closer comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I can knock Dusty all day long but not for this. Weak INF hit........ next time he learns to make a better pitch? Next time Dusty takes him out beacuse he realizes that Leake has a hard time finishing ? (Like in Philly)

If they were in a race ...I am sure the closer comes in.
    Well, we are in a race, sort of, for 3rd place. You can bet that the players want to finish 3rd and so do I.

But no matter. What's done is done. Now, I still want to know if we are the leaders in EI games. And now we're in trouble again. Good grief.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Kind of fun having all these extra players around.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Reds might want to score a run at some point.

Or at least come close.

Votto and Bruce better do something this inning.

Double by Sappeldt. Offesne? We don't need no offense. We play extras for a living
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Votto does something, Red in Chicago. You called it!
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Jay Bruce and Votto slumping lately. Hopefully Bruce...nah. Low and away gets him everytime.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Cairo is a city in Egypt and also a very young senior citizen who comes through when needed most of the time. 4-2 Reds!
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Cairo is a city in Egypt and also a very young senior citizen who comes through when needed most of the time. 4-2 Reds!
    That was a huge insurance run. Better be good coco tonight.

Sappelt with a good night.

Coco with a K.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    On the other hand, he has no one to blame but himself letting Castro get on base ......

You gotta be kidding right?????

A pitcher can prevent a swinging bunt base hit?

Turn Off Ads?