Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9-10-11 Reds at Rockies

Re: 9-10-11 Reds at Rockies

Rockies 6th:
    Carlos Fisher in pitching for the Reds.

Mark Ellis beaned in the helmet, Chris Nelson in to pinch run.
    CarGo grounds out to Votto, Nelson to 2nd.
    Tulo Ks looking.

Dusty out and puts Bray in.
    Giambi Ks swinging on three pitches.

After 6 innings, Rockies 8, Reds 7.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds 7th:
    Belisle still pitching for the Rocks.

Phillips grounds out to 2nd on the 1st pitch.
    Heisey grounds out to short on the 1st pitch.

Jim Tracy pulls Belisle, and inserts 23 year old Rex Brothers.
    Votto doubles to left center.
    Bruce grounds out to 1st.

At the 7th inning stretch, Rockies 8, Reds 7.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Willis has a decent OPS vs RHP for his career. I've advocated using him this way actually. Seems counter-intuitive given the roster expansion I realize, but I'd wager career OPS wise vs RHP, he was one of the better options.
    I hear you, but I don't care if he's hitting 1.000, I'd rather give Sappelt a look off the bench. Unless the Reds are bringing Willis back in a Micah Owings role next year, there is no future for him here and the rest of this season should be about 2012.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Being about 2012 ought to begin with shutting down Bronson and playing Alonso every day.

Rockies 7th:
    Bray still pitching.

Seth Smith flies out to Stubbs on the track in center.
    Dusty out, Bray done, LeCure in to pitch. Sappelt in left for Heisey.

Pacheco Ks swinging.
    Iannetta Ks swinging.

After 7 complete, Reds 7, Rockies 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I hear you, but I don't care if he's hitting 1.000, I'd rather give Sappelt a look off the bench. Unless the Reds are bringing Willis back in a Micah Owings role next year, there is no future for him here and the rest of this season should be about 2012.
    Fair enough. I just didn't want it to be viewed as a boneheaded move, cause to win the game it really wasn't.

Reds 8th:

Brothers out initially, but when Dusty pinch-hits Cairo for Francisco, the Rockies bring in Huston Street.

Cairo, after a 10 pitch AB, Ks swinging.
    Stubbs Ks looking.
    Sappelt Ks swinging on a bad pitch.

Rockies 8, Reds 7 in the middle of the 8th.

NO....Sappelt was being saved for the guy who is 3 for 4 with 2 homers...not the guy who is 0 for 4 and refuses to use his speed to help him get on....like a bunt maybe. Why waste all that power he has been showing this whole year.

Stubbs Power...has been exaggerated by some here. I was told Why would you have him try and bunt with his 25+ power potential. How about trying to get on base more than work your way up from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    NO....Sappelt was being saved for the guy who is 3 for 4 with 2 homers...not the guy who is 0 for 4 and refuses to use his speed to help him get on....like a bunt maybe. Why waste all that power he has been showing this whole year.

Stubbs Power...has been exaggerated by some here. I was told Why would you have him try and bunt with his 25+ power potential. How about trying to get on base more than work your way up from there?
    I'm all for shopping Stubbs. Sappelt and Heisey can handle CF. Stubbs should bring something decent back IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm all for shopping Stubbs. Sappelt and Heisey can handle CF. Stubbs should bring something decent back IMO.
    I can see them doing that this off season.......and if by some miracle he turns it around like Matt Kemp did.....then I hope they finally fire Jacoby.

Rockies 8th:
    LeCure still pitching.

Eric Young, hitting for Street, singles to left.
    Fowler Ks swinging.
    Nelson lines a single past Phillips into center, Young to 3rd.

Dusty brings in Chapman to face Cargo.
    CarGo walks.
    With Tulo batting, wild pitch, Young scores.
    Tulo Walks, re-loading the bases. Wild Chapman today.

Dusty has seen enough, time for Reds pitcher #8 of the day, Jeremy Horst.
    Giambi walks, a runscores.
    Smith pops out into an infield fly.
    Pacheco singles to left, two score.
    Iannetta pops out.

After 8 innings, Reds 7, Rockies 12.

Reds 9th:
    Betancourt in to pitch for the Rockies.

Alonso flies out to center.
    Mesoraco flies out to right.
    Phillips pops out to Tulo in shallow left.

And this one belongs to the Rockies, 12 to 7.

my kingdom for some pitching
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    my kingdom for some pitching
    We got LOTS of pitching....Now if you want good pitching....

Turn Off Ads?