Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/12/2011 Cubbies Vs Louisville Reds

Re: 9/12/2011 Cubbies Vs Louisville Reds

Sappelt down on strikes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cubs go with the lefty Russell to face Votto.

Votto raps the lefty for a double, scoring Phillips. Now 12-8.

Bruce flies out. Two down. Alonso up with Votto on second.

That's the game. Cubs win the slugfest 12-8. Willis loses his sixth game, a victim of his own inability to control RH batters or prevent walks. His ERA has mushroomed to 5.04 -- Arroyo territory.

Reds lose, Pirates apparently winning. Still striving for 5th place. Oh well, we'll go at it tomorrow. Final score, Reds 8, Cubbies 12.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

If the Reds are going to have bad games during this homestand, I'd like them to keep having them during the games I'm not at, LOL I'm going to five games in the next eight days so keep the struggles away from my games!

That Francisco HR was ginormous.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Francisco's bomb was the most impressive hit I've ever seen in person. Just a monster shot.

Missed the game, but did they say if Mes got his 1st career homer from the fan who caught it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guacarock View Post
    Here's a Dave Parker story that is true. I acquired my passion for the Reds from my late grandmother, who was such a diehard fan that she wrote letters to the players, especially after they had bungled plays or suffered losses, encouraging them to do better. Several players wrote back to her, Tom Browning being among her regular pen pals.

I still get goosebumps remembering May 26, 1987 when my grandmother asked us to take her to see the Reds play against the Cubs at Riverfront. She was so frail at the time -- barely 90 pounds -- that my brothers and I had to take turns carrying her up the stairs to our upper berth seats. The game was a cliffhanger, tied 2-2 going into the 9th with Franco pitching in relief for the Reds, and Lee Smith on the mound for the Cubs. My grandmother was really too sick to stay for extra innings, but she wasn't concerned about that. Dave Parker was due up and she declared in advance that he would win the game for the Reds with a walk-off home run. Lo and behold, she not only called the shot, but the pitch when Dave would homer and the exact locale off CF where he would wallop the ball.

From that time on, I've always harbored a soft spot for Dave Parker, and also never doubted my grandmother's long-reputed psychic abilities!
    That's a GREAT story, Thanks for sharing it with us.

Here's the Boxscore.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...e=box&c_id=cin

Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-13-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Francisco's HR was the longest in the majors this season. 1st ever over the Moondeck -- was always wondering if it would be done. Congrats to the kid. He's got special power. The Reds would do well to give him some protection in the lineup other than Janish. He's also been playing a solid 3B.

Mesoraco hits some of the hardest line drives to LF I've seen from a Red. We're talking Lee May and George Foster territory.

Turn Off Ads?