Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9.14.11 Cubs @ Reds

Re: 9.14.11 Cubs @ Reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Say what you want about his defense but you don't make that play unless you've got some serious skills.
    He's been making the routine play with ease, too. Hands look soft enough, throws are on the money. Based on what we've seen since he's been up, his defense is not a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He's been making the routine play with ease, too. Hands look soft enough, throws are on the money. Based on what we've seen since he's been up, his defense is not a concern.
    I thought he had a rap that he couldn't stick at third in the big leagues. I could be wrong. I seem to recall the same thing said about Bret Boone at 2B before he played here. The best of all is that Drew Stubbs can't hit for power

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I thought he had a rap that he couldn't stick at third in the big leagues. I could be wrong. I seem to recall the same thing said about Bret Boone at 2B before he played here. The best of all is that Drew Stubbs can't hit for power
    Folks say a lot of things about prospects that turn out to be untrue.I think the claim of JF having the strongest arm in the IL holds a lot more merit than the claim that he won't stick at 3B in the big leagues. Last night's play in the 9th certainly made a believer out of me. That is not a play a below average fielder makes even once.

You can sure see how interest in the Reds has waned. This game had two pages of posts as of the final out whereas the game exactly a month ago had 11. Two pages? Didn't we have Spring Training games that went longer than that?

It's not just around here. I got called twice yesterday from different friends offering me Reds tickets. I decided to take them up on tomorrow's game

You can sure see how interest in the Reds has waned. This game had two pages of posts as of the final out whereas the game exactly a month ago had 11. Two pages? Didn't we have Spring Training games that went longer than that?

It's not just around here. I got called twice yesterday from different friends offering me Reds tickets. I decided to take them up on tomorrow's game
    Definitely true. I've felt like I had my section virtually to myself the past several homestands. I have to admit to not going last night because I was exhausted; in the middle of a pennant race I would have went anyway.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I have two sets of free tickets that I'm using on this homestand (first set was last night, second set is for this coming Tuesday) and we had some good deals for games this weekend so I'll be at all three games vs. the Brewers. I haven't lost my interest in the Reds, even through the rough season, but I have lost a lot of interest in posting here. I can only stand so much before the repetitive negative posts from just about all the same people really get to me.

BTW-That throw Francisco made last night was ridiculous. I thought for sure he wasn't going to get the guy at first and about jumped out of my skin when he was called out. Amazing throw and good stretch from Joey too on the other end. Great stuff!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Indifference from the front office leads to indifference from the fans.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

They reported the attendance of 31K last night. No way there were more than about 18K there. I'm surprised they sold that many tx

Turn Off Ads?