Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 9.17.2011 Reds vs. Brewers

9.17.2011 Reds vs. Brewers

Hate to see a game go by without a game thread so this is it:

Volquez pitched pretty well through 5 innings, but ended up allowing 5 runs in 6.1 innings (two of them after he left on a home run allowed by the relief corps).

Reds got two hits on the night - one by Alonso on a HR and another by Edgar Renteria.

TravisWood looked as good in relief as Fisher and Arrendondo looked bad.

Pretty frustrating game to watch if you're a Reds fan.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9.17.2011 Reds vs. Brewers

Stubbs tied Dunns team record of 195 K's in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Hate to see a game go by without a game thread so this is it:

Volquez pitched pretty well through 5 innings, but ended up allowing 5 runs in 6.1 innings (two of them after he left on a home run allowed by the relief corps).

Reds got two hits on the night - one by Alonso on a HR and another by Edgar Renteria.

TravisWood looked as good in relief as Fisher and Arrendondo looked bad.

Pretty frustrating game to watch if you're a Reds fan.
    Just a horrible game and cemented by my wife & I making the mistake of going one step out the gate leaving, turning around realizing we wanted to go down more stairs and security stopping us and refusing to permit us to continue down to the escalator we were trying to reach. Made for an extremely unhappy night all around. Glad it's my last from my pack.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Stubbs tied Dunns team record of 195 K's in a season.
    It's hard to believe Dunn's record will not only be broken, but so shortly after he claimed it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

It was a good crowd for Johnny's night...
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 04-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    It's hard to believe Dunn's record will not only be broken, but so shortly after he claimed it.
    First Arroyo breaks Miton's HR Record and now Stubbs erases Dunn's Ks. Fitting that the Red's would end their home season of futility by breaking two of the most dubious records achieved in the lost decade against the team that went out in the off-season and showed the Reds how a front office makes a move to win while this team sat on its hands.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    It was a good crowd for Johnny's night...
    Attendance: 39,766
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?