Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds at Pirates 9/23/2011

Re: Reds at Pirates 9/23/2011

After Bruce is walked, Frazier is hit by the pitch and the Reds tie the score at 3-3
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tied up. (HBP)

Kal:

Apparently we are the only ones still up (at 10:14 PM)
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Sappelt flies out and we go to the bottom of the 9th...
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Kal:

Apparently we are the only ones still up (at 10:14 PM)
    lol, I just got in and logged on to check the game out and figured I'd help you guys (you) out

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

If Frazier can't go, who will play third?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Sometimes I wonder why many consider Chris Heisey a good left fielder. Case in point that double that he didn't get to, overran the ball, and now the Pirates have a threat in the bottom of the ninth. Maybe it would have been a double anyway, but he just doesn't look good out there.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Here comes Masset. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Amen
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

No way I go to arb with Masset. Walk-off double for Ludwick on a meatball.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

And Masset blows another with allowing a hit to Ludwig and the Buccos win 4-3.

After great bullpen work from Chapman and LeCure, the duo of Bray and Masset, as has been the rule as of late work a third of an inning and allowing the winning run. But we continue to march them out time and time again. At least this time Bray got tagged with the inherited runner, which usually is the other way around.

I try to deal Massett. ASAP...
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Bray's ERA has balloned from the low 2's to 3.09. Much of that has to do with his situational lefty rolek, but he has been horrible lately. Reds must now win out to have a .500 season--no winning season this year.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    No way I go to arb with Masset. Walk-off double for Ludwick on a meatball.
    Agreed. I'd get rid of the whole bullpen if possible. Bring in as many fresh arms next spring as possible, and have everyone battle it out.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Agreed. I'd get rid of the whole bullpen if possible. Bring in as many fresh arms next spring as possible, and have everyone battle it out.
    That's extreme IMO. This pen was toast by the end of June because of the way they we're being used to death early in the season. Add a top starter who can go deep into games, get a bit of a bounce back from Arroyo so he can go back to his inning eating ways, have Cueto all season, and take the gloves off of Leake and this pen will be much improved with the same guys IMO. The only question in my mind would be whether Chapman should stay heading the committee or in the rotation. Bray, Arredondo, Ondrusek, and Lecure all will be OK in 2012 (though I suspect the league will figure Lecure out at some point). I just wouldn't pay Cordero or Masset what they'll likely earn (though I think Masset is a decent bet to bounce back in 2012). Personally, I'd leave Chapman in the pen, keep Bailey to round out the rotation and add Wood to the mix as a sixth starter/long reliever and the team will really only need one reliever to hold the fort until Boxberger may be ready to help out. There will be tons of relievers on the market this year. I let other teams gobble up the high dollar guys and pick up a perfectly decent addition late in the off-season on the cheap.

Save the resources to fix the rotation and it will help the pen. Make sure the position players are set. That means, after the dust settles from whatever moves need to be made to add a starter, that the Reds have only one of Heisey, Sappelt or Stubbs penciled into the line-up and that the middle of the order has three high caliber bats hitting 3, 4, 5. If the team has to deal one of Votto, Bruce or Alonso to get the arm they need, then they'll need an OF bat from the outside. Once the team knows the budget will support all of that, then figure out how much is left to spend on the bullpen.

Turn Off Ads?