Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The event at Jungle Jim's is the best beer event around.

Pretty sure it was in June this year.
    I thought it looked pricey at $55 a head. Did you find it worth the price?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I thought it looked pricey at $55 a head. Did you find it worth the price?
    Went with a few people, the ticket was worth it.

The trend of "moving from new ale to new ale" has forced original breweries to shut their doors. Widmer did it in the Fall. Bridgeport did it this month.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    You're in good shape, Hal. Wandering through the Oregon District, hitting Toxic, Warped Wing and then Dayton Beer Company on your way to the game is a good plan. I'm partial to Warped Wing, personally. Press, around the corner, has really great coffee, if you're into that. Pretty good eating options in the Oregon District as well; Dublin Pub, Wheat Penny, Blind Bob's and Thai 9 are all good enough.
    I can vouch for Warped Wing, Dublin Pub and Thai 9 - love them all. Also a few places I have not had a chance to get to yet.

This weekend showcases my favorite style of beer:

http://www.bockfest.com/

It's a smooth but heavy lager beer. There will be at least 14 varieties being served and one is more delicious than the other...but you gotta be careful. The alcohol will catch up to you. Make sure you keep eating food and pace yourself. Personally I've got a hotel room and "a plan".

7. Likes:

Chip R (02-26-2019),Dom Heffner (02-28-2019),Kingspoint (02-27-2019)

20 major beer brands were chemically tested recently and Monsanto pesticides were found in 19 of them, per a report that hit the media the last couple of days.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    20 major beer brands were chemically tested recently and Monsanto pesticides were found in 19 of them, per a report that hit the media the last couple of days.
    Does it mention which brands? I would assume the mass produced and maybe the larger micros. I would call Sam Adams a mass produced myself. It is in ever grocery store.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Does it mention which brands? I would assume the mass produced and maybe the larger micros. I would call Sam Adams a mass produced myself. It is in ever grocery store.
    This lists the exact beer and wines:

https://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-...630077686.html

It looks like they tested Sam Adams NE IPA and its Organic Lager (never heard of this one). They found this only in parts per billion. You gotta be talkin' parts per million before it's even worth worrying about. My guess is it's in a lot of foods. I wonder if the brewing process kills off this chemical? It kills a lot of toxins.

I prefer my beer to have Monsanto pesticides.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This lists the exact beer and wines:

https://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-...630077686.html

It looks like they tested Sam Adams NE IPA and its Organic Lager (never heard of this one). They found this only in parts per billion. You gotta be talkin' parts per million before it's even worth worrying about. My guess is it's in a lot of foods. I wonder if the brewing process kills off this chemical? It kills a lot of toxins.
    The point is...that it's in everything and it then adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The point is...that it's in everything and it then adds up.
    I'm sure it is

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I prefer my beer to have Monsanto pesticides.
    Subtle, yet unobtrusive.

Brave little vintage.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I wish the amounts were listed on the labels on the nutrition panels. I think as a consumer we have the right to know.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-07-2019)

I’m really lucky. I live near Denver. I’m going to Uber up there this weekend to check out Great Divide, Odell, Oskar Blues, and Denver Beer Co. I’m most excited about Great Divide. They make some amazing beers.

Almost forgot. If you ever see Odd13 Brewery beers at your local store, buy it immediately. Especially Superfan.
    Last edited by Redhook; 03-04-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I wish the amounts were listed on the labels on the nutrition panels. I think as a consumer we have the right to know.
    I'd like to see mercury amounts listed in fish.

Understand who are the people on the board of directors here and what do they have to gain by being involved, but there seems to be some good research done through this group that looks to go far beyond the politically appointed and motivated FDA:

https://www.cornucopia.org

Turn Off Ads?