Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    What does a standard pint of beercost at a Bar/Pub in Cincinatti?
    In Portland it is $4.50 (Unless you're a regular and you get happy hour prices all the time like me) then it's $3.50

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    In Portland it is $4.50 (Unless you're a regular and you get happy hour prices all the time like me) then it's $3.50
    So about $5aud i think i can live with that considering standard pints are about $8 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    What does a standard pint of beercost at a Bar/Pub in Cincinatti?
    It varies wildly based on location and what is on tap. In my neighborhood (Downtown) a pint usually runs $4-7 but less with discounts for happy hour.

Anyone ever been to a flying saucer location? http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/

Kind of like Moerlein, but with a much Better beer selection and much better priced. Unfortunately none in Ohio, and it looks like none of their locations are near any sports venues (St Louis location looks close to Busch).

Awesome place, if you love beer and are near one, I highly recommend it!

I've been in love with Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger lately. Worth a shot for the IPA fans.

7. Likes:

WildcatFan (06-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It varies wildly based on location and what is on tap. In my neighborhood (Downtown) a pint usually runs $4-7 but less with discounts for happy hour.
    At the Banks (which is downtown near the Reds/Bengals Stadia) a glass of beer is about 7-8 bucks. In the 'burbs it's more $4-6. You can get deals for cheap American beer like Miller or Bud Lite for about $2 but that's not my thing

I've been tempted purchase a sixer of Alimony Ale for awhile now but something was holding me back. On Saturday I finally gave in...should have remained w/ my gut. So bad. Tin lined Tupperware comes to mind. It was the worst IPA I've had in quite a long time. Anybody else had this? Thoughts?
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    At the Banks (which is downtown near the Reds/Bengals Stadia) a glass of beer is about 7-8 bucks.
    At Moerlein (which I love), yes. Anywhere else at the Banks you'll pay less. They will drill you a bit on game day, though. Believe me, I live here and know the beer offerings a little too well.

On the topic of downtown beer deals, check out Nicholson's happy hour. $3 drafts of some really good beer.

At Moerlein (which I love), yes. Anywhere else at the Banks you'll pay less. They will drill you a bit on game day, though. Believe me, I live here and know the beer offerings a little too well.

On the topic of downtown beer deals, check out Nicholson's happy hour. $3 drafts of some really good beer.
    Really? I am not a big fan of Moerlein. I think the beer is pretty meh, nothing great, nothing bad. I also think the food is a little pricey and meh as well. Don't get me wrong I love going down there, especially to the lawn outside, before Reds game I just wish their beer was better.

Went to Whole Foods and they let you build your own 6 pack (at least the one here does) and they have a great selection there.

Here is what I got...

Total came to $24 for the 6 pack. Not a great deal to be honest, but even at an average price of $4 a bottle, that's still cheaper than going to a bar here easily. These beers would probably go for $7-8 each.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Really? I am not a big fan of Moerlein. I think the beer is pretty meh, nothing great, nothing bad. I also think the food is a little pricey and meh as well. Don't get me wrong I love going down there, especially to the lawn outside, before Reds game I just wish their beer was better.
    I rarely drink their beer, I usually get the guest drafts. They always have things on tap that aren't listed if you ask the right servers or bartenders. As for the food, I love it for what it is and think the prices are ok. In fairness I dine almost exclusively in Downtown and OTR, so Moerlein's prices are fairly expected.

I found the prices at Yardhouse to be about $7-8 beer. Am I off on that?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Went to Whole Foods and they let you build your own 6 pack (at least the one here does) and they have a great selection there.

Here is what I got...

Total came to $24 for the 6 pack. Not a great deal to be honest, but even at an average price of $4 a bottle, that's still cheaper than going to a bar here easily. These beers would probably go for $7-8 each.
    Whoa. That's a lot of IPAs. Those EBUs gotta be givin' you a bitter beer face, I'd think...

Anyone ever done the Jungle Jims Beer Fest? It's this weekend and it seems pretty pricey but I was wondering if anyone here had tried it and if so, was it worth the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I found the prices at Yardhouse to be about $7-8 beer. Am I off on that?
    I went last night and now have to admit I never order off the regular price menu. I always go at happy hour and pay $3-5. You are correct about the regular prices. Since I start work early in the morning and get off at 2:30, I tend to view happy hour as regular pricing for dinner.

Turn Off Ads?