Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Rivertown Brewery - which moved from Lockland to Monroe a few years ago - is closing permanently.
    In case you haven't been up there in a while, the location is a brewery again.

Moeller Brew Barn - it's been open for a couple of months now.

2. Likes:

Chip R (11-14-2022),Sea Ray (11-14-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post

Had no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post

We’ve been to Moeller Brew Barn up in Maria Stein a lot. My wife has a lot of relatives up in that area and we’ve been to a lot of weddings up that way. Great beer and great food. A Roy thumbs up.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-16-2022)

Not sure this should go here or in the restaurant thread but Taft's Ale House in OTR is closing for good. The usual culprits are to blame. The Brewporiums here and Columbus are staying open. That's sad. I really liked the Ale House.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

8. Likes:

Redhook (11-14-2023),Roy Tucker (11-14-2023)

Not sure this should go here or in the restaurant thread but Taft's Ale House in OTR is closing for good. The usual culprits are to blame. The Brewporiums here and Columbus are staying open. That's sad. I really liked the Ale House.
    We liked it too. A remodeled church with good food and good beer. It was always busy when we went but that was weekends only.

The Brewpourium out on Spring Grove is a good place though. Great New Haven style apizza. And my grandson stays busy watching the trains go by.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I posted this in the NBA thread because I am a 76ers fan.

Got this beer at West Sixth Brewery while visiting Lexington, KY. Pretty good beer and great food. I got a six pack to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5095.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	20548
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

11. Likes:

Chip R (11-27-2023),Revering4Blue (11-14-2023)

That’s a bummer. Like Roy said, that place was pretty cool and I enjoyed going there when I went back home visiting family.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

13. Likes:

Chip R (11-27-2023)

I was at their grand opening 8 yrs ago. They spent a ton of money on that place.

Name:	IMG_5203.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	20657

A Cincinnati beer took home beaucoup honors at the at the 2023 Tasting Alliance Beer Competition. Urban Alliance has been named one of the top 50 beers on Planet Earth.

A Cincinnati-area brewery brought home a ton of gold at an international beer contest.

Urban Artifact, based in Northside, won four "Double Gold" medals at the 2023 Tasting Alliance Beer Competition. During the annual event, a panel of industry experts critique brews from around the world in a blind-style tasting.Only 39 were given out, and no other brewery took home more than two.

An unprecedented four Double Gold medals were awarded for Urban Artifact's signature Fruit Tarts line:

Urban Artifact Gadget - Mixed Berry Midwest Fruit Tart
    Urban Artifact Peaches & Cream - Nitro Fruit Tart with Peaches
    Urban Artifact Sugar Plum - American Fruit Tart with Plums and Vanilla
    Urban Artifact Kilobyte - Midwest Fruit Tart with rare Golden Raspberries
    It also won a Gold medal for Teak, a Tropical American Fruit Tart, and a Silver medal for Pickle, the original cucumber and dill pickle beer.

"We love seeing what happens when folks stop worrying about how well a beer reflects historical style guidelines and start asking how much enjoyment they receive from the glass in front of them," said Urban Artifact COO Bret Kollmann Baker.
    This article comes from MSN, but I was not able to post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A Cincinnati beer took home beaucoup honors at the at the 2023 Tasting Alliance Beer Competition. Urban Alliance has been named one of the top 50 beers on Planet Earth.

This article comes from MSN, but I was not able to post the link.
    That’s really good news if you’re into sours. Kudos to them for picking a specialty beer and doing it well. I do not care for sours. Don’t fruit my beer. Fruit is for wine. Must be the German in me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That’s really good news if you’re into sours. Kudos to them for picking a specialty beer and doing it well. I do not care for sours. Don’t fruit my beer. Fruit is for wine. Must be the German in me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I feel like sours are something all the cool kids drink, but I have yet to find one I enjoy. Could be the German in me, as well.
    I also have an urge to take over my next door neighbor's house and tell her I just need a little more living space.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

19. Likes:

westofyou (12-25-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I posted this in the NBA thread because I am a 76ers fan.

Got this beer at West Sixth Brewery while visiting Lexington, KY. Pretty good beer and great food. I got a six pack to go.

Name:	IMG_5095.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	20548
    Step daughter got me a 12 pack for Christmas. I cannot find any in my area.

Turn Off Ads?