Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad. Finally. It's almost as good as Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/43670
    I'll have to look for this one. I am guessing it is related to the Smokestack series that I tried last summer and was impressed. It sounds like a pretty good Christmas gift idea...giving and getting.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Moving on from Celebration... Bell's Winter White has been quenching my holiday beer thirst lately...
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 12-17-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad. Finally. It's almost as good as Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/43670
    I picked this up last night among a few other beers. Looking forward to trying it tonight, hopefully.

Also picked up the Hoppin' Frog Christmas beer. It's very cinammony but I enjoy it. Definitely worth trying just because it's so unique.

Oh My God.. if you are lucky enough to find one of these.. grab it up.. Pricey, but devine.. Only 120 cases made, only 50 released in my state. I'm lucky enough to work caddy corner to this pretty amazing brewery.

Last edited by cincyinco; 12-18-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Beer Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

First let me say there are very few beers that I don't like, so my tastes vary greatly and I LOOOVE to try a new beer.

The Belgian Delerium Tremens mentioned at the beginning of this thread is reeally good but I have to be in the mood for a light fruity beer. Plus it has a magical high alcohol content that leaves you with the warm happies.

My old standby is Guinness...the nitro makes it go down so smooth and there's nothing like watching the bubbles going the wrong way when it first arrives.

I love a lot of the beers from Full Sail. especially their LTD Lager and their Amber.

If you ever get to Charleston, SC you've got to try anything from Coast Brewing, I especially remember their Honey Wheat Pale Ale hybrid beer.

Just about anything from Sam Adams will make me happy...I don't think they let bad beer go into a bottle. The Boston Lager is still my favorite though.

I used to like an IPA made by the Red Hook brewery, but they've discontinued it in favor of their 'Longhammer IPA' which I can't stand.

There's an especially nice porter out of Portsmouth, NH called Old Brown Dog that has been delicious every time I've run across it.

I'm a sucker for Porters, McMenamin's has a fine Nitro Porter, Rogue brewery's Hazelnut Brown is excellent too.

I can't mention Rogue without plugging their Dead Guy Ale...it can't be beat for nice full bodied ale.

Old Monkey Shine is another favorite full bodied ale I had in Tucson, AZ

I usually always have a Pils/Lager and a Stout/Porter of some kind in the fridge ... right now there's some Land Shark, a few Black Butte Porters, and a new 6 pack of Sam Adams Winter Lager. Again, it depends upon my mood which one I'll grab, but I enjoy them all.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

OK, I went to the new Burgers and Brews place in Symmes Township over the weekend and here is my report.

It's on Mason-Montgomery Rd across the street from Golden Corral where the Bob Evans used to be. If you're coimng from the south get off on exit 19 (Fields Ertel) I-71, get in the right lane and take an immediate right turn at the Tires Plus.

I was not terribly impressed with this place but it could be just my tastes. They do have about 25 beers on tap but only about three lagers. I know ales are easier to brew and all but I'd like to have more lager choices than that. If you're into Ales, go for it.

Over half the menu is burgers as the name suggests but they were ordinary. My daughter got wings and they looked ordinary as well although I will say they were pretty meaty. My daughter very much enjoyed her brownie sundae dessert. The beers were $5-6 a glass. I had a Brooklyn Lager and a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. All toll, it was 4 beers,onion rings appetizer, two burgers w/fries, wings, dessert = $70 including tax/tip.

I'd like to try the new place on Mont Rd at the old Willies location and hope that they have more lagers/pilsners to choose from.

$5 to $6 sounds expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    For pint drafts of "specialty beer" beer is right in line. A lot of those places make a killing off their beer sales.

Last winter my wife and I went down with another couple to Senate in OTR. Senate is known for their gourmet hot dogs (yea not so good) and beer selection. She got a hot dog and I got a burger, we shared a side of fries and then alcohol. I think our part of the tab was $70. I did leave there feeling no pain. 7-9% alcohol beers knock you down pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I thought it was a little pricey but I figured that was just me being cheap...

I had a glass of Chimay last year around this time. 12 bucks. I knew it was expensive stuff, but I was treating myself to a Christmas present.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I thought it was a little pricey but I figured that was just me being cheap...
    I guess I'm used to college bars haha...

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    ^A beer actually named after the DTs. You have to admire the boldness.
    that's awesome.

We are getting things ready so that we can sell our house and that means organizing and discarding. I have been collecting different Sam Adams bottles as I finish them off over the past several years now. I always hang on to any one of the bottles I have never had before...empty of course. Having to finally move them or lose them, I counted the ones I had. There were 33 different Sam Adams bottles, no duplicates. I was a little surprised there were that many.

I just had a Boulevard Wheat Amber Ale and a I.P.A Single-wide. Excellent.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Among my Christmas gifts are Bell's Christmas Ale, and Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout and Winter Welcome Ale and a sampler case of Dos Equis.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?