Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    God help us.
    Will absolutely be his campaign motto
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Will absolutely be his campaign motto
    I am not sure. Not trying to be partisan in this statement, but I think we assume he would be a R based on his strong religious beliefs? He has to know that the American media would never allow a Republican to have a positive reputation, and I think he is the kind of guy that believes his positive reputation is critical for his success financially and even being a Christian leader. I am spitballing, but I actually think that matters to him. I would bet against him seeking a political office.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Tebow is too genuine to be a politician.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-21-2021),RiverRat13 (02-20-2021)

The best Tim Tebow story I ever heard was from a young coach, and I do not recall exactly who it was to be honest. I think it was Josh Heupel when he was a GA @ Oklahoma and Stoops was the coach. If that is who it was, the story was the rumors where that Tebow was pretty much a lock to go to UF. For some reason Heupel became convinced that Oklahoma had a shot at Tebow, and talked Stoops into making the trip to Florida to recruit Tebow at his house with his family. As they are flying there, Heupel is telling Stoops why he thinks they can land Tebow, and going over the game plan to convince him to be a Sooner. The conversation continued in the rental car, and he felt like he had convinced Stoops they had a good shot. As the car approaches the house which I think was on a dirt/sand road, they both noticed the mailbox was a Florida Gator mailbox. Then as they pulled into the driveway, there were several things on the property and entryway letting the world know that Gator Fans resided at this house. He said at this point, Stoops did not want to get out of the car. As they approached the door, they both noticed that the doorbell or door knocker was some type of Florida Gator version. He also said it was not like all of the Gator stuff was new....as some of it appeared to be older than Tebow himself. The visit was short and they realized they had wasted a trip to FL. Heupel said he did not make recruiting recommendations for a while after that trip.

Just picturing the silence as they are both realizing that Tebow was pretty much a Gator by birth just makes me laugh.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Tebow is too genuine to be a politician.
    Too nice a guy for politics. “Genuinely” nice as you say. He really cares about everyone, despite religious/political differences.

Aside from light mocking that he’s received, I assume it’s his real positivity and kindness that has kept the knives from coming out for his outspoken beliefs.

Turn Off Ads?