Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The thing to remember about Scott Schebler is that he's not very good at baseball
    FIFY

2. Turn Off Ads?

Took forever, but Tebow FINALLY hit his first AAA dinger. And it was off Cincinnati Reds legend Asher Wojciechowski.

With all the trouble the big club is having, I wouldn't bet against a callup sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It'd be very Tebow for him to get called up then OPS .870, rally the Mets and win the first round of the playoffs with a walk off HR, then lose his job the next year to Peyton Manning.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6. Likes:

Chip R (05-22-2019),dubc47834 (05-22-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The dream is over...

Tim Tebow Retires From Baseball
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

And he ended up with a sub .650 OPS, like anyone rational said he would since the beginning.

My last OPS update:

What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    And he ended up with a sub .650 OPS, like anyone rational said he would since the beginning.

My last OPS update:

Lets be honest, most people said he'd never make it beyond his tryout.

He was bad but that's speaking relative to other full time life long baseball players. Whether or not you believe his presence had any negative effect on the game or those teams he has my respect for being able to do something that 90+% of people couldn't.

10. Likes:

RedsBaron (02-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Lets be honest, most people said he'd never make it beyond his tryout.

He was bad but that's speaking relative to other full time life long baseball players. Whether or not you believe his presence had any negative effect on the game or those teams he has my respect for being able to do something that 90+% of people couldn't.
    I’m not going to start a big debate again. However, he didn’t get a shot because of skill. He got a shot because of his name.

With that said, it was great for the minor league cities he played in: home and away. It increased attendance and as a result put money in people’s pockets.

An absolute positive he played baseball. It was a total gimmick, though.

12. Likes:

Chip R (02-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’m not going to start a big debate again. However, he didn’t get a shot because of skill. He got a shot because of his name.

With that said, it was great for the minor league cities he played in: home and away. It increased attendance and as a result put money in people’s pockets.

An absolute positive he played baseball. It was a total gimmick, though.
    Yeah, just reading through the blurbs from many writers and minor league observers the last few days he really was a positive presence for MiLB. He brought out the fans and conducted himself great, always sticking around and signing autographs. Who’s to say that he wasn’t worth one AAA roster spot?

Tim Tebow is just better at life than the rest of us. Seriously, I was a hater when he was at UF...convinced it was all an act, but my god I guess if you live the act 24/7, then it is just you. The guy is just a good dude....not saying everyone should agree with his opinions or anything, only that the guy walks the walk and is never trying to bring negativity to any situation. He has tons of haters, and they have tried to make him a punchline....his response has been to just be Tim Tebow and not engage in the negativity. At least he has been rewarded for his good deeds....

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

15. Likes:

Chip R (02-19-2021),jimbo (02-20-2021),texasdave (02-19-2021)

He needs to have 3-4 boys with DNP and he needs to get into coaching. If he doesn't at some point coach UF then something/somebody screwed up. His motivational ability alone would make him a great college HC.

I wonder whether he could have made it as a tight end. He wasn't really fast.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Tebow is a TV personality now and probably later on a politician, never seen him as a potential coach.
    Go Gators!

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-20-2021),Wonderful Monds (02-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Tebow is a TV personality now and probably later on a politician, never seen him as a potential coach.
    I think you only have to be 30 to be a Senator I think. I definitely see him going for Florida Senate at some point.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

President Tebow.

Sounds like a joke. It is not.

22. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (02-20-2021)

Turn Off Ads?