Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any EPL fans here?

Henry scoring Monday was incredible

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any EPL fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Henry scoring Monday was incredible
    It really was. I mean it was like a movie or something. Certainly not an epic goal or anything and he took advantage of a defensive mistake, but given the situation I got chills watching it on replay.

Congrats to Clint Dempsey! First American to net a hat trick in the epl. Pretty awesome. The last two goals were beautiful.

Big day tomorrow. Arsenal man u is on fox before the AFC championship game and city and spurs are on fox soccer really early.

These guys can teach NBAers how to flop. I swear it looks like there is a sniper in the crowd picking them off.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    These guys can teach NBAers how to flop. I swear it looks like there is a sniper in the crowd picking them off.
    The only flop because it gets rewarded way more than punished. It has gotten bigger in the NBA and even is trickling into the NFL (as Jerome Simpson can attest). But, it is the most annoying aspect of soccer.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The only flop because it gets rewarded way more than punished. It has gotten bigger in the NBA and even is trickling into the NFL (as Jerome Simpson can attest). But, it is the most annoying aspect of soccer.
    At least the EPL has refs willing to give cards for simulation. Flopping is worse in other leagues. I actually think flopping is down in league play. If only that would transfer to the World Cup.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    At least the EPL has refs willing to give cards for simulation. Flopping is worse in other leagues. I actually think flopping is down in league play. If only that would transfer to the World Cup.
    Yeah watch a Serie A league game some time. Jeez.

Flopping doesn't bother me as much as it used to. When it is super egregious or near the box it does, but most of the time I just chalk it up to part of the game. It's sort of a way to get a "time out" for the rest of the team.

Didn't get to watch Landon vs. Dempsey today, but Everton won 2-1 with Landon assisting on both goals.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah watch a Serie A league game some time. Jeez.

Flopping doesn't bother me as much as it used to. When it is super egregious or near the box it does, but most of the time I just chalk it up to part of the game. It's sort of a way to get a "time out" for the rest of the team.

Didn't get to watch Landon vs. Dempsey today, but Everton won 2-1 with Landon assisting on both goals.
    I watched it. Absolutely beautiful crosses on both.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I watched it. Absolutely beautiful crosses on both.
    Just watched the high lights and those were perfect. It's interesting that his role with Everton is more of the Beckham role on the Galaxy. I've watched Donovan play a lot and his passing has never been that good.

Hes been absolutely incredible for Everton each of the last two loan spells

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Arsenal is not looking good against Villa. Down 2-0 at the half. Bent shows us why it's good to follow up your shots.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Arsenal is not looking good against Villa. Down 2-0 at the half. Bent shows us why it's good to follow up your shots.
    I'll take all 3 in the 2nd half though!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'll take all 3 in the 2nd half though!
    I stepped away from that game, came back and was like, "wha' happen'?"

Anyone watching Man U-Chelsea on Fox? Sturridge gets a goal on a bankshot off Man U's Evans. Well own goal on Evans, but not really a fair description
    Last edited by Yachtzee; 02-05-2012 at 01:19 PM.

It's been a rough month for Arsenal which made this morning that much better!

RVPs equalizer is one of the best goals I can remember.

Turn Off Ads?