Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: redszone advertising

redszone advertising

Usually I try to ignore the ads that redszone placed on the site about a year ago. Today, I logged in and there was an ad for Ann Coulter. She is very divisive, and is not a person whose tactics (nevermind her politics) I agree with.

Most here simply want to read (and post occasionally) about baseball. I hope it is worth the money that members have to see ads about (fill in the blank).

I would gladly pay a yearly subscription to this site if that were the policy rather than having to confront a termagant about issues I don't want to discuss.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: redszone advertising

the ads, I believe, are content based. if you are in a political thread, expect a political ad.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I don't mind the ads. I subconsciously ignore them anyway. If the ads generate some money to help keep the site going I am all for it. The ads here are lot less intrusive than they are on most other sites. I am very curious as to how much money the ads do bring in per month. Boss, care to share? (PM is fine). It would be great if the site owner makes some income too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredbunter View Post
    I would gladly pay a yearly subscription to this site if that were the policy rather than having to confront a termagant about issues I don't want to discuss.
    Posters can choose an ad free experience by buying an annual subscription. You can purchase one by accessing your User CP and clicking on "Paid Subscriptions."

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Posters can choose an ad free experience by buying an annual subscription. You can purchase one by accessing your User CP and clicking on "Paid Subscriptions."
    This, along with what TRF said, is correct.

Atomic, the ads help pay the monthly hosting bills as some nominal extra income, but I don't foresee GIK or I quitting our day jobs anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    This, along with what TRF said, is correct.

Atomic, the ads help pay the monthly hosting bills as some nominal extra income, but I don't foresee GIK or I quitting our day jobs anytime soon.
    Thanks for the info.

Have you considered uploading the Redszone logo to CafePress.com? If you do that then Redszone users can purchase hats, t-shirts, coffee mugs etc with the logo and you would get about 20% of the purchase price without having to do anything like shipping or collecting payments. You would make some money to support the site and the people wearing those hats and shirts would be mobile advertisements for the website.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Have you considered uploading the Redszone logo to CafePress.com? If you do that then Redszone users can purchase hats, t-shirts, coffee mugs etc with the logo and you would get about 20% of the purchase price without having to do anything like shipping or collecting payments. You would make some money to support the site and the people wearing those hats and shirts would be mobile advertisements for the website.
    I know we've done that in the past, but not in quite some time. I'll follow up with GIK, as he took care of this last time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Graphic design contest for a free subscription? Awesome shirt possibilities abound...

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

I still have my RedsZone t-shirt from the last time. I want to say it was like 2005? And I think woy did the design. I really liked it.

Its not in my regular t-shirt rotation any more, but its still in my drawer. I wore it a lot.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The ads that bother me the most and are certainly not content based are the get a girlfriend from thailand or Columbia, Really tasteless IMO and certainly not family friendly

The ads that bother me the most and are certainly not content based are the get a girlfriend from thailand or Columbia, Really tasteless IMO and certainly not family friendly
    Agree with this.. Seems to go against the sites policies..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

We don't select which ads to display or not display, but I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Agree with this.. Seems to go against the sites policies..
    Yeah, it's not cool.

We've blocked specific, sensitive categories set up by Google, but if you have a specific ad URL, please send it to me via PM and I will see if I can block it directly. Thank you.

I was able to block the dating ads and enable another category (that I don't think will be offensive) that should help cover the lost revenue.

Turn Off Ads?