Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Fay is clueless

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

John Fay is clueless

Even after the Madson signing, he's on Twitter saying he thinks the Reds offered Cordero "$7 million or $8 million."

Uh, no freakin' way Coco was offered that much. I'd bet my house on it. I bet Walt offered a $5M deal at most.

Fay is so lost. At least he's sticking to his guns. They're unloaded, but he is sticking to them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: John Fay is clueless

The fact that John Fay is still covering the Reds and C. Trent Rosecrans is not causes me to cry out in my sleep at night.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

johnfayman John Fay
    RT @JacobRude @johnfayman Why only a 1-year deal?//less risk for Reds, market dried up for Madson
    Yes, I'm sure that's why it was only a one year deal, to protect the Reds...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Even after the Madson signing, he's on Twitter saying he thinks the Reds offered Cordero "$7 million or $8 million."

Uh, no freakin' way Coco was offered that much. I'd bet my house on it. I bet Walt offered a $5M deal at most.

Fay is so lost. At least he's sticking to his guns. They're unloaded, but he is sticking to them.
    I can't believe it but I agree blitz. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I can't believe it but I agree blitz. Great post!
    Patrick, once per year we usually agree my friend. I have a feeling it might happen twice in 2012 though. It's that kind of year.

Well we can all be great friends if the real team plays up to par with the paper reds.

We also need to give a shout-out in this thread to the cluelessness of Mark Sheldon who was citing a "source" up until 11:11 on Tuesday night that "too much was being made" of the Madson-to-Reds talks.

I met Sheldon once and he's a really nice guy. I wonder if he has a single good source though when it comes to inside information.

Then there's Fay who is just a complete trainwreck.

johnfayman John Fay
    RT @nmwwelte @johnfayman: So is the last immediate need a left handed OF bat? Or just any OF bat?//any
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

If it's true that the Reds signed Madson for $8.5M, there is no way they offered close to that for Cordero. if they had, Cordero would have taken it in a heartbeat.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

-The Insider-

I've said for a couple of years how brutal he is. It seems he doesn't know anything about baseball yet is a beat writer for a big league club. Quite sad.

I heard Cordero was holding out for at least a two year deal.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I can't say about the future, but for this year only, it seems that the 1 year deal thing is the way to go. For the first time in a long while, most of the MLB clubs are watching their payrolls and budgets.

I think the 1 year deal for Madsen was a smart move. I've heard no mention of a club option for a second year though. Kinda wish there was. Or maybe they're leaving the door open for a Marshall extension and making him the closer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I believe you are correct that he was at first. But considering that a better closer who is a Boras client didn't hold out for a multiple year deal, I can't imagine that Cordero was still holding out for one at this point. If he was, he needs to fire his agent.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

While there is a lot of criticism of Fay, he is probably the originating source of 80+% of the Reds news that gets discussed here. He is also good about getting things up on his blog quickly and does a nice job staying connected on Twitter- answering questions and dong the live chats. Some of the criticism- re style, missing words, etc- that is leveled on him should be directed towards poor editor work.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Well we can all be great friends if the real team plays up to par with the paper reds.
    This could be the post of the off-season. I'm excited, but ultimately it comes down to actual games being played by real live players.

Pitchers & catchers report in 39 days!!!!!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?