Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part I

Yeah, this should be an interesting matchup. One thing I've noticed, despite the fact IU's not necessarily all that deep, they seem to play better in games where a lot of fouls are called.

It seems like whatever IU loses to foul trouble ends up being less significant than what the opponent loses. Against Kentucky, getting Anthony Davis out of the game was huge. Against tOSU, getting Sullinger and Craft out for stretches was also big. On the opposite end of the spectrum, when Purdue had Carrol go out with foul trouble really early on Saturday, they had absolutely nobody to play defense inside. The early fouls also caught up to them when Byrd fouled out with about 5 minutes to go.

Obviously that can be a double edged sword. Zeller only played 20 minutes against Wisconsin, but that seemed to be a game where IU was called for a lot more fouls. In the three big wins I mentioned, the two teams were called for a similar number of fouls. (Admittedly in the Purdue game, PU was called for 26 fouls to IU's 17, but many of those came in last two minutes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    How many school girl crush IU fans are left out there? I assume most have committed suicide as a result of being devastated that IU is only ranked 18 and 20. The horror, the horror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

I think IU set the bar high, maybe too high.

I do think they are a better team than what their record shows. Those Nebraska and Minnesota losses were awful, but they've looked better recently. If you take those 2 losses out, all of the losses they've had were on the road to ranked opponents. Hard to be too mad at that (save for the game in Wisconsin, which was close).

IU is still one of the best shooting and scoring teams in the country, both by points and field goal %. The rub has always been the rebounding and turnovers and those will likely continue to haunt them when they play good competition.

I'd argue that the loss to Minnesota is the worst one of the season. And when the worst loss of the season is to a team that's currently projected to make the tournament, you're doing pretty well.

Even if you decide losing at Nebraska was the worst loss, there have been plenty of decent teams lose in Lincoln over the years. Never easy to win on the road.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    How many school girl crush IU fans are left out there? I assume most have committed suicide as a result of being devastated that IU is only ranked 18 and 20. The horror, the horror.

Ironically, the indignant responses smack of insecurity in your own conclusions.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Ironically, the indignant responses smack of insecurity in your own conclusions.
    First how do you expect people to respond to name calling?

Second, no it doesn't. At all. That's the infuriating thing about your run of posts in this thread. We agree with how theyll probably end up. Outside shot at the sweet 16 but could also go home in the first weekend. Some how you think you're shocking us back to reality with your prediction when in we're actually like "yeah, seems about right. We're pretty psyched about it." We mainly disagreed on how dependent they are on the 3 ball, but we both think the end result will be pretty close to the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'd argue that the loss to Minnesota is the worst one of the season. And when the worst loss of the season is to a team that's currently projected to make the tournament, you're doing pretty well.

Even if you decide losing at Nebraska was the worst loss, there have been plenty of decent teams lose in Lincoln over the years. Never easy to win on the road.
    Looking back, minny wasn't as bad as I thought. Minnesota was 0-4 in the conference and desperate for a win. They're now 5-7 in the conference. Not bad for starting out 0-4 including an OT loss @Whisky.

Nebraska was just awful. IU lead for 90% of the game and lost. Just a bad, bad, bad loss even if it was on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    First how do you expect people to respond to name calling?

Second, no it doesn't. At all. That's the infuriating thing about your run of posts in this thread. We agree with how theyll probably end up. Outside shot at the sweet 16 but could also go home in the first weekend. Some how you think you're shocking us back to reality with your prediction when in we're actually like "yeah, seems about right. We're pretty psyched about it." We mainly disagreed on how dependent they are on the 3 ball, but we both think the end result will be pretty close to the same.

I would be truly shocked if IU went home in the first round.

Narrowly avoided disaster last night against a team that really needed the win.

Nice game coming back for Verdell. Jordy played like it was his first time taking the court.
    Oladipo continues to shine.

U-G-L-Y. Of course IU's history at Carver-Hawkeye is even worse than its history at the old Barn. Not one of IU's finer moments.

1 step forward, 2 steps back. That has seemed to be the case largely in Big 10 play for IU this year. Time to crank it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    1 step forward, 2 steps back. That has seemed to be the case largely in Big 10 play for IU this year. Time to crank it up.
    I'd say tonight it was cranked up. Probably the best over all game IU has played this season.

Well, thank you, Hoosiers, just opened the door back up for the Buckeyes. IU is certainly a roller coaster ride this year.

A win for the Buckeyes tonight makes Sunday's finale with the Spartans for a share of the championship again.

Of course, I don't have a lot of confidence that they can handle a desperate NW team at Evanston, but they were desperate last week against Michigan and lost.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Tom Crean has to be BT COY, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Tom Crean has to be BT COY, right?
    Has to be. He's been working his tail off not only to put a good team on the floor but also to rebuild the program and bring the IU family back together again. A friend of mine who works in Athletics told me a couple years ago the guy was really working all the former players, trying to convince them all to come down to Assembly Hall, to participate in events and support a return to the standards they felt had been missing in the Davis/Sampson era. Some of those guys had sworn off the program completely and several are in his corner now, returning to Bloomington occasionally to meet with the players. IU was in shambles when he got here and he's been a veritable Richard Simmons with his enthusiasm and determination. The guy deserves it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?