Re: Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    .233, 0 hr, 4 rbi, .619 ops
    And nine more years to go.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

yikes ---- he's too good to stay there -- right?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

He will get his numbers. always does, and that lineup is pretty good. Remember he gets to play the A's and M's a whole lot. Them A.L. teams just beat up on each other. DH makes a difference

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Damned Cardinals dodged the Albertross bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    And nine more years to go.
    Votto not exactly tearing it up this year either, I guess $20,000,000 a year doesn't buy much anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Votto not exactly tearing it up this year either, I guess $20,000,000 a year doesn't buy much anymore...
    I find that much in my couch cushions these days.

votto doing better still

Both Pujols and Votto do seem to be off to somewhat slow starts, but I'm sure things will come around for both as the season progresses.

I know one thing: Had it been up to me as to which player to give the $200million+ and 10 yr. contract to, I would have picked Votto without a second thought.

There's no doubt that the Reds stand a really solid chance of that contract biting them in the future, especially those last few yrs. But I think the Pujols contract is more certain to do just that. I REALLY think that Pujols contract is going to really end up biting the Angel's in the ass and maybe sooner rather than later.

But you know, I'm no fortune teller and it's certainly NOT beyond the realms of possibility that BOTH contracts end up paying off quite handsomely. I sure do hope so in the case of the Reds/Votto contract.

Of course, I hope every bit the same for the Philips contract as well. I just HATE to see a smaller market/money team like the Reds get eaten alive by long and very expensive contracts. Here's to hoping for good fortune and good payoff!

Tearing it up? No. But shockingly, still good enough for 4th in the MLB in OPS among first basemen. Ahead of Pujols, AGonzo, and Fielder.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    He will get his numbers. always does, and that lineup is pretty good. Remember he gets to play the A's and M's a whole lot. Them A.L. teams just beat up on each other. DH makes a difference
    They said that all last year and it never happened. It won't happen this year either.

So...is he now the official Angel DH or what? (I can see it as his D also reached all time lows last year)

140+ more games to go. Remember Dan Uggla's slow start last season? The Dude ended up on a slow track towards Joe Dimaggio's consecutive hitting record at one point. Albert will get his numbers and the Angels are bound to be a force by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Tearing it up? No. But shockingly, still good enough for 4th in the MLB in OPS among first basemen. Ahead of Pujols, AGonzo, and Fielder.
    I was happy to see him hit a fast ball hard and to the right of the center field tonight. But when will he hit his 2nd HR?

88 AB....nearing yikes time

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

88 AB....nearing yikes time
    But only 13 K's & 6 BB --- strikes me as odd --

making contact but mostly with no punch ---
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?