Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jurrjens rumor...

Jurrjens rumor...

The Braves were close to trading Jair Jurrjens and Jairo Asencio to the Reds for Chris Heisey and Juan Francisco this offseason, reports MLB.com's Mark Bowman. Jurrjens is a potential non-candidate after being sent to the minors this week.
    The above is from MLBTraderumors.com. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Jurrgens' numbers in four starts this year are beyond horrible. I wonder at what point over the winter this trade was being discussed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jurrjens rumor...

Probably before the Latos' deal was done..I wonder what Jurrjens problem is..He was so good at the beginning of last year. Maybe a change of scenery would do him well.

he's always hurt right? maybe if he was not on dl every week he could do okay.

I remember when this was first mentioned. Many on here were saying the Reds better not do it...when the Braves are trading starters, you GTFO of dodge because you're going to get ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I remember when this was first mentioned. Many on here were saying the Reds better not do it...when the Braves are trading starters, you GTFO of dodge because you're going to get ripped off.

I kind of wonder about Hoover.

Though we had to give up a LOT for him, I really do think the Latos deal is going to end up working out extremely well for the Reds. We saw last night what he is capable of doing after a few really rough starts (which as many have pointed out, starting out slow in April simply seems to be one of Mat's traits).

Even BEFORE Jurrjens began so horribly, Latos is the pitcher I would have much rather acquired. I did hate losing most of the pieces we lost (minus Volquez), but truth is, we needed a SP of Latos abilities and Alonso and Grandal were blocked in their natural positions (and we now know Alonso was NEVER going to be our 1st basemen after the Votto deal - a deal I admittedly still have mixed feelings about, but overall, he IS simply one of those players you want to try to keep at all costs - I just wonder if that cost in terms of $$$ AND years wasn't a bit too much, but that's neither here nor there now).

My only concern about Latos right after the deal was made was his "mental" state. Latos has done a few things in the past that has made me REALLY dislike him at times, but he does, to his credit seem to have made HUGE leaps in the mental/attitude department, so good for him.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    Though we had to give up a LOT for him, I really do think the Latos deal is going to end up working out extremely well for the Reds. We saw last night what he is capable of doing after a few really rough starts (which as many have pointed out, starting out slow in April simply seems to be one of Mat's traits).

Even BEFORE Jurrjens began so horribly, Latos is the pitcher I would have much rather acquired. I did hate losing most of the pieces we lost (minus Volquez), but truth is, we needed a SP of Latos abilities and Alonso and Grandal were blocked in their natural positions (and we now know Alonso was NEVER going to be our 1st basemen after the Votto deal - a deal I admittedly still have mixed feelings about, but overall, he IS simply one of those players you want to try to keep at all costs - I just wonder if that cost in terms of $$$ AND years wasn't a bit too much, but that's neither here nor there now).

My only concern about Latos right after the deal was made was his "mental" state. Latos has done a few things in the past that has made me REALLY dislike him at times, but he does, to his credit seem to have made HUGE leaps in the mental/attitude department, so good for him.
    Very well said!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I kind of wonder about Hoover.
    Hoover is fine,he'sa reliever and their pen is stacked.

Braves have a habit of taking hurt or broken starters and trading them right before they fall apart. I'd never grab a starter from them. Many on here and the ORG predicted Jurrjens doing exactly what hes done this season just based on the fact the Braves wanted to move him ...I think the Reds played them.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

For Heisey and Francisco, I'd STILL take a chance on Jurrjens.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I wish Latos' fastball had a little more movement. Last night was the first extended action I had seen him in, so I was impressed with everything except that small criticism.

Turn Off Ads?