Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massett not healing..

Massett not healing..

The MRI shows his shoulder is NOT getting better and at this point I would be shocked if we see him pitch in Cincy at all this year. I think this means we see Chapman in the bullpen all season....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Massett not healing..

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    The MRI shows his shoulder is NOT getting better and at this point I would be shocked if we see him pitch in Cincy at all this year. I think this means we see Chapman in the bullpen all season....
    Source?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Source?
    John Fay from the Reds.

The article does not state that it is not getting better. You may want to re-read it.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The article does not state that it is not getting better. You may want to re-read it.
    It's not healing properly, he can't throw...how is that not getting better?

I fear you're right about Chapman, but if Bray gets healthy and Hoover does anything close to what he did in Louisville for the Reds, they might decide they have enough pen arms to move Chapman to the rotation.
    Sto Pro Veritate

It's not healing properly, he can't throw...how is that not getting better?
    I knew you would come back and say something ignorant. All you want to to do is argue. It does not say it is not getting better. And it also does not say it is not healing properly. It says neither of those two things.

I knew you would come back and say something ignorant. All you want to to do is argue. It does not say it is not getting better. And it also does not say it is not healing properly. It says neither of those two things.
    It's states that the MRI shows that tear has not healed, how is that a good thing and all throwing must be stoped. How exactly is that a good thing?

From Fay..

Masset did not get news he wanted. MRI shoed strain in shoulder casule is not fully healed, Cant resume throwing...so how is that not bad news and a problem?

Even Masset commented he doesn't know what is going to happen from here...bank on it...surgery in his near future...
    Last edited by brm7675; 04-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.

It's states that the MRI shows that tear has not healed, how is that a good thing and all throwing must be stoped. How exactly is that a good thing?

From Fay..

Masset did not get news he wanted. MRI shoed strain in shoulder casule is not fully healed, Cant resume throwing...so how is that not bad news and a problem?

Even Masset commented he doesn't know what is going to happen from here...bank on it...surgery in his near future...
    You change your story every time. First it is not healing. Then it is not healing properly. Now it is not healed and how is that a good thing. All you want to do is argue. I apologize to the board for getting sucked in.

For those who haven't read the article, including BRM, here a couple snippets.

The injury to his shoulder is about half-healed.
    “It’s a small rent on my capsule,” Masset said. “A rent is a paper cut on my capsule. It’s small strain of the capsule. Say it was 80 percent (injured). It’s probably 40 percent now. We’re trying to get it to zero, where it’s fully strong.”
    So it is healing. It is about half healed per Masset.

“He doesn’t have to have an operation,” Baker said. “It’s healing."
    Go on change your story again. It's what you do.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-26-2012 at 12:00 PM.

You change your story every time. First it is not healing. Then it is not healing properly. Now it is not healed and how is that a good thing. All you want to do is argue. I apologize to the board for getting sucked in.

For those who haven't read the article, including BRM, here a couple snippets.

So it is healing. It is about half healed per Masset.

Go on change your story again. It's what you do.

It's not healing properly or it would be better at this point. Teams always make it sound better then it is and you trust our doctors on this team, how many pitchers have they stated one day..oh they will be fine only to see them DL'ed and then have surgery a few weeks later...

Okay, Doctor brm. Thanks for the scoop.

going from 80%(hurt) to 40%(hurt)=getting better. maybe its just taking longer than they thought.

Always entertaining...

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Okay, Doctor brm. Thanks for the scoop.
    Now introducing....Dr. Timothy BRMcheck.

DR BRM: " Well it was 80% hurt now its 40%, but its just not gettin any better"

Interviewer ask: "It's not getting any better, HUH?"

DR BRM: "Yeah, it's just not healing"

This is a problem. A big problem. Chapman ends up in the pen the whole years while the Reds try to win and we never know if he can start and stretch himself out over a period of time.

Turn Off Ads?