Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 5/2/2012 Reds vs Little Bears

Re: 5/2/2012 Reds vs Little Bears

I was told by another poster last week, probably with a more advanced baseball knowledge degree than I do, that the season is young. I don't know. I'm almost 40 and been watching Reds baseball since the early 80s and this team is in trouble. I did thank the wise poster for calling me out though. Just calling it as I see it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    It's not a question of talent, it's a question of approach. Brandon swinging for the fences with one out left down by two in the bottom of the ninth? What the actual f?
    I think its a combination of talent and approach, but if approach is your main concern I think you should start your replacing with the head of the dugout. We've all seen the Dusty quotes non stop. Swing first ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    I was told by another poster last week, probably with a more advanced baseball knowledge degree than I do, that the season is young. I don't know. I'm almost 40 and been watching Reds baseball since the early 80s and this team is in trouble. I did thank the wise poster for calling me out though. Just calling it as I see it.
    Lack of a true cleanup hitter and the failures in left and shortstop killed last season. What did Walt do? We bring in retreads Ludwick, Harris, and Valdez. No true cleanup hitter and no hitting left fielder. Lots of outs in those bats. Pitching is wonderful, but our starter allowed 3 runs tonight and we lost. It will be a common theme. Oh, they'll break out now and then, but this is your 2012 Cincinnati Reds
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

As KC has been saying for a long time, good RH pitching can have its way with the Reds. They were overmatched tonight.

This team is just boring to watch. The offense is like watching someone get waterboarded.

So I guess for about a 1/4 to 1/3 of the Reds games when they score 2 or fewer runs, this is going to be the response? The Reds got outpitched. Our guy gave up a couple of dingers, their guy was on top of his game. Pitching is once again the name of the game. For me, so glad to see the beer league softball era of MLB cycle out--but have no fear, it'll be back.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

So I guess for about a 1/4 to 1/3 of the Reds games when they score 2 or fewer runs, this is going to be the response?
    I think it goes a bit deeper than "our hitters stink." But I do agree that last night Samardzija was very, very tough.

Turn Off Ads?