Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Griffith reported dead

Re: Andy Griffith reported dead

Here's the opening to Danny Thomas' Make Room for Daddy episode that essentially was the pilot for the Andy Griffith Show.

The Andy Griffith Show Pilot Opening Scene - YouTube
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Andy Griffith - Boil Them Cabbage Down - YouTube

In my 40's, and have seen every episode a multitude of times. Depsite being a comedy, he really portrayed a man of exceptional character, it was quite amazing.

He also was talented in other areas, as evidenced by his 'jam sessions' with the Darlings.

A pickin' and a grinnin'
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

One of the greatest, if not the greatest, sitcoms ever! Not too many have endured, and are as enjoyable, as that show. Great cast of characters, well written scripts, and classic episodes we all remember fondly.... Ernest T Bass, the Darlings, Otis Taylor and goat full of dynamite, and Rafe Hollister. Loved them all!

I also loved Griffith and Knotts in No Time For Sergeants!

RIP Andy! You brought a lot of joy to the world!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm not a big fan of Kazan the person for obvious reasons, but he could direct a movie. "A Face in the Crowd" was so far ahead of its time in its ability to predict right wing radio. Griffith was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I have probally watched "The Andy Griffith Show" more than any other show in my lifetime. There are few shows I can watch that are reruns that I still laugh out loud at but that is one of them.

RIP Andy, I have always thought Heaven will look alot like Mayberry so you will be right at home!!
    Same from me. That show is my all time favorite. I'll never grow tired of watching those, especially the years Barney was a regular. He will be missed as one of the true icons of TV history. RIP Andy, Thanks for all the great entertainment.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

For $20,000, he'll twice lean forward and whisper something in your ear.

RIP

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4710496.story

EXCLUSIVE
    Ron Howard: What I learned from Andy Griffith
    Ron Howard shares memories of Andy Griffith and professional and life lessons learned from him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    For $20,000, he'll twice lean forward and whisper something in your ear.

RIP
    No one was making fun of Andy Griffith. I can't stress that enough

Andy Griffith is one of my heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    No one was making fun of Andy Griffith. I can't stress that enough

sam drucker died about 2 weeks ago--think his name was frank cady..then the oldest son on my 3 sons died last week of cancer--cant recall the name the one with the dimple and now andy griffith...and like someone said earlier goober died a few weeks back

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    sam drucker died about 2 weeks ago--think his name was frank cady..then the oldest son on my 3 sons died last week of cancer--cant recall the name the one with the dimple and now andy griffith...and like someone said earlier goober died a few weeks back
    And Richard Dawson from Hogan Heroes. Better known for Family Fued.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post

that was don grady (an original mousketeer..as was johnny crawford from the rifleman)..first years of the show grady was the 2nd son, tim considine being the oldest..

yesterday i saw the danny thomas show episode introducing the andy griffith show and tues. a.m., sitting in the surgery waiting room of the local hosp., i saw the fun girls episode. everyone in the room was laughing-out-loud.

r.i.p. andy.
    teach tolerance.

For some reason I was always remember the episode where Aunt Bee earned her pilot's license.

Yeah, the Andy Griffith Show was lily-white, but it was brimming with decency and humanity.
    Last edited by Rojo; 07-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    For some reason I was always remember the episode where Aunt Bee earned her pilot's license.

Yeah, the Andy Griffith Show was lily-white, but it was brimming with decency and humanity.
    I think most shows were back then...... if you had an alien come and watch early 60's sitcom....you would swear the US had nothing but nice, wholesome White people and nothing else.

Turn Off Ads?